3 day cruise

amberdawn85

Hi there :) Husband and I decided today to take a 3-day on the Golden Princess December 1st. I have never cruised with Princess and have never been on a short cruise but it works well with our schedules for a mini vacation.

We spend most of our time on our balacony, don't even know if we will get off in Ensenada. Which balcony rooms would you suggest or avoid? I'm a light sleeper.

Could anybody tell me how much parking is at the port per day?

You didn't say what port you are leaving from. Since you stop in Ensenada, I am thinking it is San Pedro. I only went out of that port once, so I really can't help with that.

As to the balcony, I love Caribe deck. Those are the largest balconies, half covered and half sunshine. For quiet, I would go for aft behind the aft elevators. No one goes back there unless they are going to their cabin.

Good luck. Have fun on your cruise.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi,

I recently returned from the first short cruise on the Golden Princess (September 26-30 to Catalina Island and Ensenada) and had a wonderful time. The ship is in excellent condition and I was very pleased with the food and service. Also, I enjoyed the three different production shows.

I agree with the above post that the balconies on Caribe Deck are larger and partially covered by the balconies above. I had a balcony stateroom on Baja Deck (B 518) and could see the other balconies well. The balconies on Baja Deck and Aloha Deck are smaller and completely covered.

Have a great cruise!

Chuck

You didn't say what port you are leaving from. Since you stop in Ensenada, I am thinking it is San Pedro. I only went out of that port once, so I really can't help with that.

As to the balcony, I love Caribe deck. Those are the largest balconies, half covered and half sunshine. For quiet, I would go for aft behind the aft elevators. No one goes back there unless they are going to their cabin.

Good luck. Have fun on your cruise.

Thank you :) Yes, we are out of San Pedro.

Are all of the balconies on that deck set up that way?

Hi,

I recently returned from the first short cruise on the Golden Princess (September 26-30 to Catalina Island and Ensenada) and had a wonderful time. The ship is in excellent condition and I was very pleased with the food and service. Also, I enjoyed the three different production shows.

I agree with the above post that the balconies on Caribe Deck are larger and partially covered by the balconies above. I had a balcony stateroom on Baja Deck (B 518) and could see the other balconies well. The balconies on Baja Deck and Aloha Deck are smaller and completely covered.

Have a great cruise!

Chuck

I typically cruise with Carnival but I'm not loyal to anyone. I book with what fits our budget and schedules. I heard Princess has amazing food compared to Carnival.

I'm super excited, I just love cruising :)

Thank you :) Yes, we are out of San Pedro.

Are all of the balconies on that deck set up that way?

Yes, all Caribe balconies are larger (except on new Royal. But that is a different story) and half covered. I love them because I can be outside no matter the weather. Also, there tends to be nicer deck furniture - loungers that go down a little as well as foot stools.

I cannot comment on the food. Have never been on Carnival. Food so subjective. I have over 140 days on Princess. I love the line. I think their loyalty program is innovative and some if the best in the industry. Besides, they have self service laundromats. That really comes in handy when gone more than 7 days.

Amber dawn:

One more thing- if you can't get caribe, do not get a cabin on Aloha deck. Cabins are under pool or horizon court. A lot of noise-chairs being moved, running, etc. you will never sleep!! If aloha us your only choice, make sure you look at deck plan to see what is above you.

I called back to the number I called last week at the port authority. This time it was a recording and was referred to another number which was also a recording but the also said it was $12 per day. I suppose the person who answered the phone last week was not really aware.

Does anyone know if there will be tax on that. It could be that the person was adding that. I grew up when you ask for the price they gave it to you without tax. Most places now will quote it with tax.

If you haven't already booked a room, you could consider the cabin furthest aft on either side on Caribe if you want half covered, half exposed...this balcony is slightly larger (as you can see 3rd from bottom in the picture below...counting the balcony hidden by the palm tree). If you like full sun (and don't mind others looking down on you) the furthest aft on Dolphin has a much larger balcony. If you don't mind shade and want more privacy, furthest aft on Emerald deck has a larger balcony.

DSC01327.JPG

If you haven't already booked a room, you could consider the cabin furthest aft on either side on Caribe if you want half covered, half exposed...this balcony is slightly larger (as you can see 3rd from bottom in the picture below...counting the balcony hidden by the palm tree). If you like full sun (and don't mind others looking down on you) the furthest aft on Dolphin has a much larger balcony. If you don't mind shade and want more privacy, furthest aft on Emerald deck has a larger balcony.

DSC01327.JPG

Nice pic and good information.

If you like full sun (and don't mind others looking down on you) the furthest aft on Dolphin has a much larger balcony. If you don't mind shade and want more privacy, furthest aft on Emerald deck has a larger balcony.

Those cabins are minisuites, not balcony cabins. Larger and cost more, but those furthest aft minis on Dolphin and Emerald are wonderful - I've stayed in them 3 times. :p

I typically cruise with Carnival but I'm not loyal to anyone. I book with what fits our budget and schedules. I heard Princess has amazing food compared to Carnival.

I'm super excited, I just love cruising :)

Amberdawn

Princess food is not even close to Carnivals food, at least it wasn't last week!

We just did a 2 day cruise from Vancouver to San Francisco and the food was so wonderful. We ate the majority of our meals in the dining rooms. We really like Princess compared to other cruise lines. We travelled with friends who had dietary restrictions due to allergies and Diabetes and Celiac. Every day the Head Waiter greeted her and ordered her meals for the following day. He then personally served many of the meals to her. Everything made specially for her. Princess did an amazing job.

Hi there :) Husband and I decided today to take a 3-day on the Golden Princess December 1st. I have never cruised with Princess and have never been on a short cruise but it works well with our schedules for a mini vacation.

We spend most of our time on our balacony, don't even know if we will get off in Ensenada. Which balcony rooms would you suggest or avoid? I'm a light sleeper.

Could anybody tell me how much parking is at the port per day?

Hi! My husband and I will be on the same sailing! My parents and nephew are also coming along. We booked an interior on Dolphin but are considering upgrading to an Aft Caribe.

I called back to the number I called last week at the port authority. This time it was a recording and was referred to another number which was also a recording but the also said it was $12 per day. I suppose the person who answered the phone last week was not really aware.

Does anyone know if there will be tax on that. It could be that the person was adding that. I grew up when you ask for the price they gave it to you without tax. Most places now will quote it with tax.

No tax. Heading for the pier today, I'll try to report back on current price before you leave provided they have the price posted on entry.

Jackie

Archived