Sambucca At Ocean Bar.....

sail7seas

I just took out a pocketbook I've not carried since forever but it is high quality and classic so it sat on the shelf in my closet. :)

At the bottom of the pocketbook, I found the Guest Copy of the former style bar checks HAL formerly used. They were printed in duplicate and bartender/ship kept one copy while giving the other to the guest.

I had a glass of Sambuca and imagine it must have been Romana as I used to have those years ago every once in a while after dinner. The slip is dated November, 2003 anda the charge was $4.75.

I'd be so interested to compare what the cost would be today! :D

What fun to find this little piece of HAL memory.

I clearly recall we were aboard the beautiful Maasdam b-to-b, over Thanksgiving and Arjen van der Loo was Captain while Pam Kern was GRM. :)

We had a Blast that cruise. :)

And DH and I had fun just now reminiscing about that cruise.

I'm not sure what Sambucca is going for today, but, I have a small collection of cruising memorabilia with me at all times. I usually tote around at least one HAL identification card. Also currently carting a Cunard Queen Elizabeth luggage tag receipt.

Just whimsical cruising memories that remind me "Yes, I have been on a ship and will return to this magical place very soon"...

Jonathan

S7S:

According to the Bar Menu that RETIREDMUSTANG posted on his recent TA, the price of Sambuca is now $5.95.

THank you. Appreciate your finding that info.

Just about 25% increase in Ten years.

We love Sambucca and have it once in a while.

When I got to the age I had to watch calories, I stopped drinking it and haven't had any in years but I used to really enjoy it after dinner. Brought back lots of memories finding that bar slip. :)

Makes me think of having a glass one evening on our next cruise.......for old time sake. ;)

:)

Makes me think of having a glass one evening on our next cruise.......for old time sake. ;)

Go for it, and enjoy it; and don't even think of calories. :D

Helen:)

I'm not sure what Sambucca is going for today, but, I have a small collection of cruising memorabilia with me at all times. I usually tote around at least one HAL identification card. Also currently carting a Cunard Queen Elizabeth luggage tag receipt.

Just whimsical cruising memories that remind me "Yes, I have been on a ship and will return to this magical place very soon"...

Jonathan

Jonathan, do I remember correctly that you were married on the Noordam when it was in port in NYC?

Archived