Help I might need a dentist

rodrigs4

Help, I'm leaving for Bermuda on Sunday on the Majesty. I have had a toothache all week and I have gone to my dentist and he took x-rays and cleaned up a cavity, but I still feel some pressure. I am now on Anti-biotics in case it is something that can't be seen on the x-rays.

Can anyone tell me how I would find a dentist in St. George if I need one??? I'm so nervous that my vacation is now going to be ruined.

Anti-biotics will only help an infection. Is it sharp pain or is it pressure? Pain associated with cold liquids could mean the pulp is still recovering from the cavity being removed and is trying to lay down more "insulation". Sensitivity to cold or pain upon biting or releasing a bite can mean a fractured tooth or filling. Dull pain can be an indication for a root canal. Is it a top molar or one of your bottom teeth? The reason I ask is that "pressure" on the top teeth is often a result of a sinus issue. You should really see your dentist one more time and let him or her know that it's still bothering you. Better to see the dentist that you know and trust than to have to visit a stranger in the middle of your vacation....if they can fit you in.

I'm not trying to diagnose your toothache, I just strongly believe that you should see your dentist one more time. I would do so if I were in your shoes. Good luck!

Kathy

www.bermudayp.com is the Bermuda Yellow Pages website, dentists should be listed there. I'm not sure where one is in St. Georges but it isn't a very big place so a local should be able to point you in the right direction.

Dentists in Bermuda are very busy so try to call ahead to see if they have time. You may wind up having to go to Hamilton.

You should really see your dentist one more time and let him or her know that it's still bothering you. Better to see the dentist that you know and trust than to have to visit a stranger in the middle of your vacation....if they can fit you in.

Kathy

The problem is that my dentist is on vacation until I get back. I have already gone to see a covering dentist and he took x-rays. Cleaned out the tooth that he thought was the problem and put in a filling, however I'm still in pain so he thinks I might need a root canal on another tooth but he's not sure, he has prescribed an anti-biotic to fight an infection that may be causing the pain. I have talked to him a daily basis and right now I'm in a holding pattern. So I am taking these and taking Ibuprofen in meantime, I just wanted to know if anyone could recommend someone just in case it flares up and I need immediate help. I started the anti-biotics yesterday so I should know by tomorrow morning if this is getting better.

Thanks

www.bermudayp.com is the Bermuda Yellow Pages website, dentists should be listed there. I'm not sure where one is in St. Georges but it isn't a very big place so a local should be able to point you in the right direction.

Dentists in Bermuda are very busy so try to call ahead to see if they have time. You may wind up having to go to Hamilton.

Thank you Swizzle. I will print out the page for dentists and take it with me. I am hoping I won't need it. I really don't want my vacation to be ruined....

My Fodor's guide also directs travelers to the big hospital (named after one of the royals) with dental emergencies. You might get a better response there, especially if you present as an emergency, than just picking a dentist out of the phone book. Also, check with the ship -- they may have some they refer to, and they might be sympathetic to your travel constraints.

Here's hoping that you need none of this informatoin!

Do you also have allergies or a cold? It cold be that sinus pressure is causing the pain. I was once SURE I had a cavity, had a filling removed, x-rays, the whole nine yards and it turned out to be a sinus infection. The roots of my teeth are almost IN my sinuses! The antibiotic may work for you...keeping my fingers crossed

Archived