The beauty of ships at night

sdmike

One of my best tips I leaded as a hack photographer, is when photographing still shots at night, put your camera on a solid surface and frame the shot, Then use the camera self-timer to take the picture.

Doing this you ensure you don't jiggle the camera when the pic is taken (the electronics open the shutter, not your finger and hand pushing the button) and the exposure can be a bit longer and you will get much more crisp and rich photos.

One of my best tips I leaded as a hack photographer, is when photographing still shots at night, put your camera on a solid surface and frame the shot, Then use the camera self-timer to take the picture.

Doing this you ensure you don't jiggle the camera when the pic is taken (the electronics open the shutter, not your finger and hand pushing the button) and the exposure can be a bit longer and you will get much more crisp and rich photos.

That's a great tip, night time exposure can be so tricky, thanks! :)

THANK YOU!!!!! I have an awful time getting good shots at night. Now I know why, and how to fix it! :)

Loving this thread and the beautiful images, and looking forward to snapping some of my own now that I've learned how to do it correctly. :D

I was going through some pictures today trying to find something, and something really struck me. NCL ships tend to be beautiful at night. While many love the bright sun and pool, I find myself drawn to the beauty of the creatively and carefully lit outside areas.

I love the ship lit up at night as well...it is beautiful ! And since the actual ocean at night kind of scares me..(don't know why)--the ship lighting makes be feel better...(guess I am weird!)

Archived