Table Size Request - Summit

Diamondcruising

Hello, first time Celebrity cruiser here.

For our upcoming trip in January, we've requested a table for 2 in the MDR early sitting.

Our TA has informed us that they've submitted the request but cannot guarantee it will be possible.

In practice, how likely is it that our request will be fulfilled by Celebrity?

Thanks!

Agree with the above poster.

While there are tables for 2, don't expect privacy. Any time I've been seated at a table for 2 we could actively be participating in 3 different conversations.

They can only seat as they have availability so it's a crap shoot (hence the no guarantees).

On the Summit, in Select, we always ask for table #446...table for two...around the corner by the staircase...no other tables close by and very private (other than people walking by the table). My DH and I can carry on a private conversation with no problem at all. If Gabrielle, the hostess, is on duty you can just ask her to be seated there. She is very accommodating.

Last month I was on Summit. We had a table for four right next to the Captain's table... but it was just the two of us (requested table for two). There was another couple beside us, same thing... a four top set for two. We had second seating. So it can work out. Go see the M'd very first thing when you board to check on your seating. That's your best chance for making a change if it's necessary.

The nice part of a table for 2, even if you are near someone else, is you can eat at your own pace. So instead of waiting for a big table to be served, you can take as much or as little as you want. We have found that we love eating by ourselves. Never are we in the dining room more than 1 1/2 hours, sometimes less. We talk to a ton of people during the cruise and love having dinner alone to talk about the day and not sit through a 3 hour dinner. That is why we have done Mytime dining or Select Dining since it has come out. We will never do traditional dining again.

Archived