Is there another Bar Hop Tour Company? Cozumel Bar Hop Canceled.

goldesq

Your best bet is to gather others from your roll call and then rent a taxi for 3-4 hours and split the fare. Good luck! :)

Shockingly, my roll call does not have any interest in this. Thus, I would like to find an alternate tour company and not just a cab.

I have read the other threads and would rather not rent a car or scooter or use a cab. Is there any other tour company that offers bar hops? I really am having a tough time finding one.

We were in the same predicament (thankfully a few people signed up last minute and our bar hop is a go). I didn't want to deal with haggling a can at the port and, with just two of us, the private driver options were coming back too costly. While researching an alternate option a poster suggested the custom jeep tour through cozumelcruiseexcursions.net. It's $69/pp and includes beer, water, soda, snacks, lunch and entrance to Punta Sur (if you choose to go there). The owner was quick to respond to my emails. It appears that it a self drive tour, BUT they said the guide could drive for us...since we want to have some cocktails along the way. It shows as 5-6 hours and they'll pretty much go wherever you want. I would have booked it in a second if our bar hop fell through.

Hope that helps. They have a tripadvisor page, just make sure you find the right one ... there's a .com AND a .net.

Thanks for the suggestion. I saw this tour listed. I am really not too interested in touring with a caravan of jeeps. I did find several tour companies that have private tours for about 50-60 dollars per person for 3 hours. We make our own itinerary. The min # of people is 2 so it works for us. The drivers are bilingual and some companies include drinks and lunch and some don't. An extra hour is usually 25 dollars. I am debating between using Safe Tours or Tours Plaza. I think either company would be very good and both are listed in the top 20 activities on Trip Advisor. I am leaning towards Tours Plaza for 4 hours. Both companies have excellent reviews.

Edited by goldesq

Thanks for the suggestion. I saw this tour listed. I am really not too interested in touring with a caravan of jeeps. I did find several tour companies that have private tours for about 50-60 dollars per person for 3 hours. We make our own itinerary. The min # of people is 2 so it works for us. The drivers are bilingual and some companies include drinks and lunch and some don't. An extra hour is usually 25 dollars. I am debating between using Safe Tours or Tours Plaza. I think either company would be very good and both are listed in the top 20 activities on Trip Advisor. I am leaning towards Tours Plaza for 4 hours. Both companies have excellent reviews.

For our particular port day it would have been private, just one ship in port. I did also get in touch with a driver I found through the boards here, Cresencio. He was prompt to respond, quoted $100 for 4 hours. Great reviews here. I can provide his email address if you're interested.

• 1 month later...