Liberty of Seas to BCN for early flight

RosemaryNJ

We will be arriving at Barcelona Port on Liberty of Seas on Oct 20th. We have a flight from BCN which we arranged on TAP at 10:25AM. I am fretting over making the flight and don't want to ruin the cruise worrying about it. I called our travel agent when we booked and they said flight is within time frame. I prefer not to have to carry my bags as heard about crowded elevators. Do you think I should try to call RCI to get transfers as will they guarantee we get off ship early enough to transfer us to airport to get flight? We are 4people and were going to just get our own cab but maybe cost of RCI transfers is better bet to make the flight and not have to carry our luggage. Should I call RCI to try to get the transfers to BCN? Any suggestions?

Ships tend to arrive in BCN between 5 and 6am with first disembarkations not long after that.

Is the flight intra Europe or over to USA? If within Europe then you should be at the airport at least 1 hour before the flight, if to US then 2 hours.

From dock to airport is 20-30 minutes by taxi and will cost about €40.

hope that helps you decide.

I've never personally gone into Spain on a cruise but i assume the fact that US customs will not be an issue, you might be able to make it. But again, that's me having never been there so i do not know Barcelona traffic and airport busyness.

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=jbranner1104&date=1-26-2014&text=&ship=Carnival Pride

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Upcoming Cruises:

---------------------------------

01/26/2014 Pride 7 Night Bahamas

Past Cruises:

--------------------------------------------------

02/13/2012 Liberty 5 Night W. Caribbean

10/31/2010 Liberty 7 Night E. Caribbean

08/01/2009Triumph 5 Night Canada

07/29/2007 Noordam 7 Night Alaska Explorer

07/31/2006 Imagination 5 Night Caribbean

07/28/2005 Imagination 4 Night Mexico

08/21/2004 Zuiderdam 7 Night W. Caribbean

08/01/2003 Majesty 3 Night Bahamas

08/09/2002 Ecstasy 3 Night Ensenada

08/24/2001 Ecstasy 3 Night Ensenada

11/02/2001 Viking Serenade 3 Night Baja

08/18/2000 Viking Serenade 3 Night Baja

02/12/2000Ryndam 3 Night W. Caribbean

08/27/1999 Viking Serenade 3 Night Baja

10/18/1998 Majesty 7 Night W. Caribbean

We just did this off of Liberty of Seas. We had a 10:30 am flight to London. We did self carry very easy no crowds. We were in the taxi by 7:15 am there were plenty of taxis waiting. We arrived at the airport 20 mins later.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We just did this off of Liberty of Seas. We had a 10:30 am flight to London. We did self carry very easy no crowds. We were in the taxi by 7:15 am there were plenty of taxis waiting. We arrived at the airport 20 mins later.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Every time I have had to get off ship early it has been very difficult to get an elevator and we have very heavy bags that I can't carry down steps. Do you think we will be able to get elevator easily? Also were their ramps to drag luggage on wheels off ship or do you have to lift them ? Thanks much for everyone's advice. I don't want to spend my cruise time worrying about leaving

I did call RCI and we can get transfers for $31.50 each and they say they can get you to airport for any flight after 10am. I can buy transfers on ship. Did you get off ship before people with the transfers?

Ships tend to arrive in BCN between 5 and 6am with first disembarkations not long after that.

Is the flight intra Europe or over to USA? If within Europe then you should be at the airport at least 1 hour before the flight, if to US then 2 hours.

From dock to airport is 20-30 minutes by taxi and will cost about €40.

hope that helps you decide.

Flight is to Lisbon and then only hour layover to US on TAP

We just got off Epic on Sunday and when we got up at 6.30 am, we were berthed behind Liberty. We got off the ship at 7.40 am and were in a taxi at 7.45, in airport terminal at 8.10 am and checked in by 8.20. You will have loads of time. We got an elevator easily on Epic and it's notorious for lack of elevators. Gangways are designed for dragging off wheeled cases. You will easily make the flight. Ken

We just got off Epic on Sunday and when we got up at 6.30 am, we were berthed behind Liberty. We got off the ship at 7.40 am and were in a taxi at 7.45, in airport terminal at 8.10 am and checked in by 8.20. You will have loads of time. We got an elevator easily on Epic and it's notorious for lack of elevators. Gangways are designed for dragging off wheeled cases. You will easily make the flight. Ken

Thanks. You are making me feel better about end of cruise

• 2 weeks later...
We will be arriving at Barcelona Port on Liberty of Seas on Oct 20th. We have a flight from BCN which we arranged on TAP at 10:25AM. I am fretting over making the flight and don't want to ruin the cruise worrying about it. I called our travel agent when we booked and they said flight is within time frame. I prefer not to have to carry my bags as heard about crowded elevators. Do you think I should try to call RCI to get transfers as will they guarantee we get off ship early enough to transfer us to airport to get flight? We are 4people and were going to just get our own cab but maybe cost of RCI transfers is better bet to make the flight and not have to carry our luggage. Should I call RCI to try to get the transfers to BCN? Any suggestions?

We got off the Liberty in may and had a 10.30 KLM flight to Amsterdam. We carried off our own bags. We left our cabin at 08.00 am and took the elevator to deck 4 and just walked off after the usual " bang" for the last time. There was no customs or imigration, we did not have to look for our luggage as we were carrying them off, but even if we had not done that it would have been easy as Barcelona has a very organized terminal, and by 08.20 we were in a (pre-arranged) taxi heading to the airport. There are several reliable and recommended companies that you can use for your private transfer, also cheaper than the RCL transport and you don't have to wait for a full coach to fill up!

Enjoy your cruise!

You can do the earliest departure without having to carry off your bags...very well organized coming in on the Liberty and getting to BCN using a taxi...Don't fret and enjoy :)

We disembarked Celebrity Equinox on 9/26 from BCN and had a 10:40 am flight on Delta to JFK. We ore- arranged Barcelona Day Tours to pick us up at the port and drop us off at the airport. BDT said they would be waiting for us at the pier at 8:30 am and that it was more than enough time to get to the airport. I was nervous but decided just to let the chips fall where they may. We DID NOT carry our bags off the ship and weren't even the first people off..I think we were # 7. Anyhow, our driver was late by 7 minutes and I was in a panic..all set to hop in a cab when he arrived. We hit a traffic jam on the way to the airport and yet we still managed to arrive in plenty of time for our flight..we waited over an hour before we boarded the plane. In hindsight, I realize that hopping in a cab is a better option. Since it was our first European trip, I wanted reassurance that there would be no transportation problems. One thing that I have never seen mentioned is that the Barcelona terminal has been my best disembarkation to date. In all my previous cruises, I had to search for my luggage in the terminal. In Barcelona, your luggage is on a carousel similar to airports. It couldn't be easier.

Relax and have a great cruise.

Archived