How does the Royal Tots program work?

eeyore81

We are thinking of going on a cruise on the Grandeur of the Seas. It is my understanding that the ship has a nursery. We have only sailed on the Explorer with our daughter. It did not have a nursery but had designated play times in one of the lounges on the ship and a music class in the Adventure Ocean room. At all of the play time/music time a parent had to be present with the child. Do they have play time and activities to take our daughter to where we will be with her. I do not want to leave her in the nursery without us.

On ships with a nursery, I believe they also have the Royal Tots drop in program. I will say though that we left our 15 month old in the nursery (with no prior daycare experience) and it was fantastic. Don't write it off yet!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We are thinking of going on a cruise on the Grandeur of the Seas. It is my understanding that the ship has a nursery. We have only sailed on the Explorer with our daughter. It did not have a nursery but had designated play times in one of the lounges on the ship and a music class in the Adventure Ocean room. At all of the play time/music time a parent had to be present with the child. Do they have play time and activities to take our daughter to where we will be with her. I do not want to leave her in the nursery without us.

Yes. Grandeur has a nursery. When you board, there will be an open house between 1-3pm, and another at 4:30 or so. You can register her then. They have set times when you can visit with your daughter to play, and if you want to leave her, they will watch her, feed her, change her, etc. for a fee. It is completely up to you. I will look in my paperwork tomorrow to see if there is anymore details - we just got off Grandeur on Thursday.

Yes. Grandeur has a nursery. When you board, there will be an open house between 1-3pm, and another at 4:30 or so. You can register her then. They have set times when you can visit with your daughter to play, and if you want to leave her, they will watch her, feed her, change her, etc. for a fee. It is completely up to you. I will look in my paperwork tomorrow to see if there is anymore details - we just got off Grandeur on Thursday.

Thanks for the info. How did you like your cruise? Did you have any trouble with noise in your room? We just can't seem to decide between the Grandeur and the Explorer.

Thanks for the info. How did you like your cruise? Did you have any trouble with noise in your room? We just can't seem to decide between the Grandeur and the Explorer.

This was our first cruise, and we loved it. Grandeur is smaller than Explorer, and does not have all the bells and whistles that Explorer has, but it was perfect for first timers like us. I debated driving up to Bayonne, but Baltimore was just so much more convenient. We did have some noise - we were on Deck 8, just below WJ outdoor area, and you did hear chairs being moved around but not usually all night. But there was zero noise in he hallways.

Honestly, I do not think you could go wrong with either ship - if it were me, I would look at price, convenience (which is easier to drive to), and itinerary. I have posted longer reviews of our trip in this forum and the main RCI forum.

Archived