Benefits/perks For A PH Suite?

rienreiter

Does anyone know the benefits or perks available to a passenger staying in a PH suite? I will be sailing the Golden Princess to Canada/New England in Sept. in a PH suite but I cannot find any information on the Princess website on the benefits/perks available to passengers occupying suites.

Thanks & Regards To All

The subject has been discussed on this message board. You might want to do a search. I think you get free laundry, hors d'oeuvres before dinner, expedited disembarkation. I don't know about free Internet. I do know that Platinum Captain's Circle members get free Internet. You might also get a one-time stocked minibar. I'm not sure on that.

You also get upgraded towels, robes and toiletries.

I'll look to see if I can find the original thread.

Roberta

I checked and found a whole lot of threads. This one came off an official Princess site.

Princess perks for suite passengers

Here is a list of what the NEW amenities are for Princess Suites (some are new and some have always been available) these perks do not apply to mini suites

SERVICES:

Expedited embarkation process

Early disembarkation in all ports, and use of disembarkation lounge on final day

Preferred anytime dining reservations

Personal Shore Excursion reservations

Complimentary laundry and dry cleaning services

Luggage packing and unpacking service

Complimentary shoe polishing service

Enhanced turndown service on formal evenings.

AMENITIES:

Luxury bathrobes

Luxury towels

Luxury bathroom amenities (shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, bath gel)

Complimentary slippers

Fresh flower arrangement

Complimentary corsage and boutonniere on first formal night

Complimentary mini-bar

DINING SERVICES:

Welcome glass of champagne

Extended room service menu (extended breakfast, lunch, dinner offering)

In-suite afternoon tea service

Your choice of deluxe canapés, delivered daily Onboard activities:

Free internet access

Private portrait sitting

They've got to give you SOMETHING to account for the higher price besides space.

Roberta

What is "enhanced turndown service"? It`s taking the covers off the bed, how can you enhance that? Does the Capt. come to your room and tuck you in?

"Special" Chocolates on your pillow.:p

What is "enhanced turndown service"?

If you try to hit on a shapely adorable who has no interest in you, not only are you told, "No!" in no uncertain terms, but her buff and beefy boyfriend will give you a good thrashing. You'll get turned down, and then some. :)

Don't even think about asking for packing/unpacking service (seriously).

Spongerob, why not ask for the unpacking/packing service if you have a suite? Is Princess not getting the word out to their room stewards as to what a suite passenger has paid for? Thanks, eagletwo.

If these suite amenities are standard across the fleet, does anyone know why Princess doesn't list them on their web site or in their literature like they do for circle member benefits? If you're paying for a suite, you should easily be able to find out what extras you're getting. Also, for food item perks, ie canapes, tea, extended room service, ... how far in advance do you need to let them know what you'd like, for example, the day before, a few hours in advance... For example, can you call in the morning and request breakfast, or do you need to let them know a time and what you want the night before? Thanks a lot for any replies!

Redrobin...you can fill out your canope card in the morning and give it to your cabin steward. Also you can fill out your breakfast late at night and hang it outside your door if you would like to eat breakfast at a specific time or you can call in the morning room service and order.

Does anyone know the benefits or perks available to a passenger staying in a PH suite? I will be sailing the Golden Princess to Canada/New England in Sept. in a PH suite but I cannot find any information on the Princess website on the benefits/perks available to passengers occupying suites.

Thanks & Regards To All

suite perks

Bill

If these suite amenities are standard across the fleet, does anyone know why Princess doesn't list them on their web site or in their literature like they do for circle member benefits? If you're paying for a suite, you should easily be able to find out what extras you're getting. Also, for food item perks, ie canapes, tea, extended room service, ... how far in advance do you need to let them know what you'd like, for example, the day before, a few hours in advance... For example, can you call in the morning and request breakfast, or do you need to let them know a time and what you want the night before? Thanks a lot for any replies!

Here is the link to the Princess website where the suite ammenities are listed.

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na687&submit=pk

Hi there,

We Sailed on the Island Princess May 21 and were upgraded to a Vista Suite.

The perks were nice and the room steward was great. The packing and unpacking was never offered and actually the in-room suite book, that has all of the info in it, does not even list the packing and unpacking. So due to that I never asked.

As far as breakfast, room service etc, I sometimes ordered the night before, sometimes the day of. Never a problem.

For the following:

Expedited embarkation process

Early disembarkation in all ports, and use of disembarkation lounge on final day

We were never advised as to where we got on early, nor early embarkation in ports. In other words, Princess never had signs or told us where to go. So we just went with the flow. I mean they should have it clearly marked, like a special place for suite and other passengers who get these perks.

However we were told to go to the Wheelhouse bar for disembarkation on the last day, That was nice, however there were only a few people there.

The best perk was the free internet. Going to Alaska the net connection was sooooooooo slow. I would have spent a small fortune emailing.

Anyway we were spoiled to say the least.

Enjoy!!

Pam

Thanks for the replies! What have others experienced as far as expedited embarkation? If it's not clearly marked, as mentioned, where do you go? I've read other posts that say it's not necessarily a quicker line. However, I'm not wanting to use that perk to save time, but because my suite is an upgrade. I'm concerned about not having the correct baggage tags, and was hoping to get new ones in that line or at least a better the chance that my luggage makes it to the correct room if the old tags are just written over. : )

Redrobin, you may use the Platinum check-in if you aren't already a Platinum member because you are in a Suite. Secondly there is no special tags for baggage other than the ones you received already with your final DOCS. Just simply write your new cabin number on them and they will be delivered....enjoy your upgrade!

As an Elite cruiser, I know those tender passes are supposed to be delivered to my room. If they're not there, I'll ask for them immediately. For those who've been upgraded to suites and get the same disembarkation perks, keep this in mind. As for priority disembarkation at tender ports, no one is going to specifically tell you what to do. Just go down to the tenders when you're ready to get off and.......there you go!

Arlene

What is "enhanced turndown service"? It`s taking the covers off the bed, how can you enhance that? Does the Capt. come to your room and tuck you in?

Ummmm ... if he was a nice looking, youngish captain, I might be tempted to spring for the penthouse suite. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

suite perks

Bill

I see your post says they now have packing and unpacking services - is this new? It is not on the Princess website. Our steward last Feb on the Star said that they were not allowed to unpack and hang - also said that one party removed his tip after he told them he could not do this.

Ron

Archived