Favorite Port

bermudabound1

Hi.. We had a fantastic cruise on the breakaway last month! It was our 1st cruise ever. Really enjoyed Bermuda and would love to go back. I'm interested in hearing about other ports that you have enjoyed. Not sure if we should stick with the same itinerary or try something new :)

Thank you!!

Lori

Hi,

we have been on the Florida/ Bahama cruise at least 5 times. I enjoy it because I can have up to 3 beach days. DH does not like the beach and this is his way of letting e soak in the sun. In CapeCanaveral we go to Jetty Park. Then you have Great Stirrup Cay. Nassau you have time for beach and shopping...

Cozumel but this port has also been commericialized.

Costa Maya was a favorite but we went back and it has become very built up but still a great beach.

Roatan - Foster's Beach -- some day I am going back and staying in the tree house.

I guess the best answer -- is the port we are in.

Favorite port, hands down - Bermuda. Been there 5 times, and getting ready to plan a sixth.

I not only think you should do this, I specifically think you should book the 08.10.14 sailing of Breakaway. Just sayin' :D

And to answer the OP . . . we've enjoyed every port we've visited but Kauai tops them all!

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

I not only think you should do this, I specifically think you should book the 08.10.14 sailing of Breakaway. Just sayin' :D

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

Splendid idea! I may even look into a studio, and just sneak off by myself for the week...

:D

Hi.. We had a fantastic cruise on the breakaway last month! It was our 1st cruise ever. Really enjoyed Bermuda and would love to go back. I'm interested in hearing about other ports that you have enjoyed. Not sure if we should stick with the same itinerary or try something new :)

Thank you!!

Lori

Bermuda is top's . Repositioning cruise's have a variety of places to see . St.Thomas / St John U.S.V.I. area is well worth the trip .;):)

We like to head down the road to Majahual at the Costa Maya stop and say hello to Steve at the Tropicante. We've done Maya Chan and I think the food is better at the Tropicante and it's like being in a Corona beer commercial, plus the prices ala carte are much better unless you go hog wild with the open bars with mystery tequila at the all inclusives.

Costa Maya - That is probably because Maya Chan was such an amazing place. It stood out over everywhere else we have gone so far.

We enjoyed several ports in the Med but felt pretty rushed and felt like we did not have enough time to soak it all in. I guess that means we will have to go back!

Definitly see some other ports. We loved our Panama Canal cruise. Costa Rica too is a beautful country once you get out of the city you dock at. Curacoa over Aruba IMO.

There is just something about Alaska though. As I love to return to Bermada any day, if I lived on the west coast I would do the Alaska thing a lot more often. But Bermuda is my destination of choice for multiple visits within a couple years.

Jon

I used to live in St Thomas, so that gets vote #1 from me.

Tortola is great , especially if you have time to go to Virgin Gorda

Costa Maya with the Mayan ruin tour & the beach that looks like the Corona commercial is also one of our favorites.

Outside of the Caribbean,

Ketchikan Alaska

Barcelona Spain

Dubrovnik Croatia

Messina Sicily

San Francisco CA

costa maya and by a long shot .. Especially Maya chan at costa maya..

2nd Santo Tomas De Castilla Guatemala

What do you like to do in Santo Tomas? We liked the local craft sale near the dock. Felt very sorry for the residents there otherwise, though.

For the Caribbean, I, too, like Belize. So much to see and do and yes, the people are really, really nice. A trip to Lamanai is a must if at all interested in the Mayans. The cave tubing is still on my bucket list.

Archived