US dollars in Quebec

I see some wrong info here the Canadian dollar is worth MORE than the US.

So $100 US is about 95.00 Canadian at current rates.

On a not so recent cruise all the Canadian ports took US at par. Those with heavy tourist traffic figure the difference isn't worth worrying about . I have gotten Canadian at an ATM, but regretted paying the premium as the US was worth the same.

ATM withdawals may, depending on your bank, be subject to a flat fee (one USbnk charges $5 for withdrawals out of the country plus they might charge a 3% foreign transaction fee.

As I said, despite the 5% spread, unless you use a credit card without a foreign transaction fee for purchases in Canada (highly recommended), you will find, although I agree that it is somewhat rude, US and Canadian currency pretty much on the merchant level are pretty much at par and a Canadian merchant is hardly losing money by taking US currency at par. As a matter of fact most probably have US dollar accountsx with their banks and make money on the tranaction. Non credit card dynamic currency converion soto speak. The only way to get the interbank rate is to use a UScredit card, and there are a few esides Cap One, that offers a card with no foreign transaction fee. Take a look at the Bank of America travel rewards card. No annual fee, no foreign transaction fee and it even has anemv chip although it's a chip and signature card not chip and pin.