My Time Dining - travel agent made a mistake

[quote name='Sydney32203']Thank you for responding to my original post. I would like to clarify a few things. I wanted my travel agent to book me in for 6pm every evening on My Time Dinig and I was very clear to her on that. The days we were to come back late from an excursion, I was going to change my reservation times early that morning of the excursion or the night before which is what I read could be done.

My Family Time Dining would not be something I would consider because while the two young kids in our group prefer to eat early at 6pm they are slow eaters and are quite used to the fine dining table service experience. So, just because young kids have to eat at 6pm or us wanting the flexible option of MTD does not mean our kids are needy.

In terms of specialty dining which was suggested by a few people, I wouldn't have considered doing this and getting the TA to pay for it because firstly while she did make a mistake I would feel really bad asking her to cover the cost of specialty dining for all 8 of us for a night or two. Secondly, after a long day excursion no matter how well behave young kids are they would still be tired and the specialty dining experience would be wasted on these days. However, tired kids do not equal needy kids.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you would consider doing what some have suggested. I'd just write it off as a communication error and hopefully you will get back into MTD anyway. Actually you may just prefer the regular dining time so you can just walk right in and sit at your table. You will also have the advantage of the kids establishing a nice relationship with their waiters. This isn't always possible in MTD.

I do consider all children needy. I raised 4 of them who fortunately grew out of it.

Rather than complicate things, going to the buffet a couple of times just might be another nice experience for them. Learning how to serve ones self properly is just as good for them as a fine dining experience.

I really wouldn't make this blip in the radar into a big deal. It might work out for the best.

[quote name='Sydney32203']Thank you all for responding to my post and thanks to those who provided me emails addresses in order to contact the right people in Royal Caribbean.

I received a reply from RCLDINING and they have put us all back into MTD and made daily reservations of 6pm for us.

This is what I call great service! Thank you very much Royal Caribbean![/quote]
I am glad it worked out.

[quote name='Sydney32203']Thank you all for responding to my post and thanks to those who provided me emails addresses in order to contact the right people in Royal Caribbean.

I received a reply from RCLDINING and they have put us all back into MTD and made daily reservations of 6pm for us.

This is what I call great service! Thank you very much Royal Caribbean![/QUOTE]

I missed this resolution. I'm on my phone and tapatalk doesn't update properly with the latest version.

RCI is usually pretty reasonable in resolving little things like this. I'm glad they helped you so quickly. Sometimes it's easier to deal with them than it is a TA. I say ditch the TA and manage your own cruises and reservations from here forward. :D

This is what I call great service! Thank you very much Royal Caribbean![/QUOTE]

Hi Sydney32203

I, too have had an email from a lovely girl Christina she has done us proud as well as RCL. MTD for the group, linked our reservations and also asked for seating so our favourite waiter will serve us. So its worked out really well.
Have a great cruise.

Regards
V:)

Hi Sydney32203

I, too have had an email from a lovely girl Christina she has done us proud as well as RCL. MTD for the group, linked our reservations and also asked for seating so our favourite waiter will serve us. So its worked out really well.

Have a great cruise.

Regards

Yay!! You all have a great cruise too! :)

Hi Sydney32203

Have a great cruise.

Regards

How can you tell if your dining booking's are linked? We are going on our first cruise and have two connecting cabins with us in one and our three sons in the other but we have been given two seperate booking numbers so everytime I book anything I have to go in under both numbers. Is their any way to check when we are closer to our cruise (late December) that we have been linked for dining?

How can you tell if your dining booking's are linked? We are going on our first cruise and have two connecting cabins with us in one and our three sons in the other but we have been given two seperate booking numbers so everytime I book anything I have to go in under both numbers. Is their any way to check when we are closer to our cruise (late December) that we have been linked for dining?

I can't tell from the dining reservation but when I booked my cruise I told my travel agent to link us all up. When I login to my cruise reservation, at the bottom of the page it has a title that says 'linked reservations" and the other reservation IDs show up. And I've been told that once its linked they will know to seat us together at dining etc.

I booked the character breakfast online yesterday and it ask if I want to book for anyone else. I clicked yes and it asked me to enter the other reservation numbers, and once I did that, the other passenger names showed up and you just click who you want to reserve for.

Hope this helps.

Or, you could ring up Royal Caribbean and ask them to check and if you're not linked they should be able to do it for you over the phone. You can also request to be seated together. It depends on who you speak to on the phone. If you get Australia customer service and you have booked your cruise with a TA a lot of time, they don't want to help you and will ask you to call your TA but if you get US customer service, they are always very helpful. That's just my experience.....

Make sure your TA or RC link your reservations which will show as linked reservations in your booking (as the person above says). Once you have your reservations linked your dining should automatically be linked. It always has whenever we've sailed with family or friends.

Archived