Celebrity Classic drinks package versus cocktail prices

Domino1

Hi, just booked our first cruise with Celebrity and have a complimentary Classic drinks package. This gives spirits and cocktails up to the value of $8.00. My question is: If the cocktail ordered costs over $8.00, which most of them appear to, do you just pay the difference eg cocktail $10.00, would we pay $2.00 or the whole $10.00?? I think I can probably guess the answer but thought I'd ask anyway::confused:

With classic, if it's over the limit you pay full price. With premium you pay only the difference.

I see you are from UK, drink prices are 15% higher there to include tips I'm told, so if your drinker are over $8 by the amount of the 15%, they ARE still covered in that case.

Which ship are you on? If there is a Molecular Bar, the cost of just one cocktail there(or in the Martini bar) is equal to the daily cost to upgrade to the Premium Package, around $12 USD per day. In my opinion, the cost of the upgrade is well worth it, as it includes coffees from Al Bacio, Evian, etc, and many nice selections of wine. Also, if you order something not included in the Premium package, you are only charged the difference (not the case with the Classic). Hope this helps, and have a great cruise!

If you are sailing out of the UK the price of the drink includes the tip, and the classic package allowance is increased accordingly.

If you are sailing from other embarkation ports, the price of the drink does not include the tip.

If you have the classic package and order a drink that exceeds the allowance, you pay the full price on your SeaPass.

If you have the premium package and order a drink that exceeds that package's allowance, you only pay the difference on your SeaPass

I am trying (must be looking in all the wrong places) to find drink prices. I am mostly interested in martinis which I know are over the $8, but also mojitos. Those would be the 2 drinks that would make me upgrade to premium.

Upgrade to the premium and save a lot of useless worrying. You are getting the package for free plus by upgrading prior to the cruise you will save the extra $5.75/ day pp by waiting to upgrade when on board.

.:D

Archived