Jewel in the Canal with a surprise...

WaldosPepper

Barbara,

Wonderful pictures. I would send one of them to Norwegian, they will love it. Might be the Fan Picture of the Week.

Mandy

Fabulous idea, Mandy! I will do that!

You got some nice photos of a bat falcon there. This bird has been attracting some attention in the birding circles lately. See http://featheryfriends.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=1672

Excellent find! I was struggling to identify the species, so I'm very grateful for this link!

Awesome photos! Definitely a Fan of the week!!!!

Thanks, Peg! I'm glad people are enjoying them! :)

Thank you for making me smile on this otherwise lousy Monday.

I love looking for unusual species of birds AND I love that Jewel is getting closer to NOLA so it means it's almost my turn!!! :D

:D:D:D

I just realized that I posted one of the photos twice above (sure sign that I had not had enough coffee yet...)

Here's one that I had intended to share above.

ry%3D480

Looks like our little friend likes checking out the Norwegian ships just as much as we do!

Very happy that so many of you are enjoying these. This falcon totally made my day this morning, and I'm really glad I'm not the only person who thinks it's fun!

I watching when the visitor arrived too, but did not know the name, glad to find out. I could not see any of your pictures, but knew the minute you said something what you were talking about.

I knew there had to be at least one other CCer watching! I was so surprised when suddenly he/she appeared, and I laughed out loud! I'm just glad I had the presence of mind to start snagging some screenshots! :D

Not sure why you can't see the pics, though! I am somewhat technically challenged when it comes to this, so perhaps someone else can offer some idea of why they can see the photos but you cant? I would love to know what causes that. :confused:

Archived