GAPearl's Big BREEZE Review! 8 Day Southern Itinerary 9/28/13.

gapearl

I'm doing my single digit dance and have screen capped so many of your suggestions and comments. I'm off on the Breeze on Dec. 1 and this will be my first Carnival experience in years. My only other Carnival was my first cruise in 1999 on one of the small ships I thought was gigantic. I've cruised Princess & RC since then but my sis & her husband talked me into the Breeze with them and now I'm so excited. I'll be rooming with a girlfriend (chicktrip, hubbies left at home) and now I feel like I know all the best places on the Breeze.

Love your dresses and especially those shoes :)

Thanks so much. One more question, besides the lighthouse, salt museum, and museum downtown, what was the other place you went? Was it the Queens prison or something like that? Did you have a favorite place to eat in town? Ok, guess that's three questions!

Yes, it's called Her Majesty's Prison. They're all pretty close to each other. I recommend Jack's Shack. You taxi driver can bring you right there after your tour. Otherwise it's a 10 minute walk from the ship. If you're walking there from the ship, make a left and keep walking. It'll be down on your right. Have a great cruise! :D

I'm doing my single digit dance and have screen capped so many of your suggestions and comments. I'm off on the Breeze on Dec. 1 and this will be my first Carnival experience in years. My only other Carnival was my first cruise in 1999 on one of the small ships I thought was gigantic. I've cruised Princess & RC since then but my sis & her husband talked me into the Breeze with them and now I'm so excited. I'll be rooming with a girlfriend (chicktrip, hubbies left at home) and now I feel like I know all the best places on the Breeze.

Love your dresses and especially those shoes :)

Congrats on doing the single digit dance! That's an awesome feeling, isn't it? This will be a totally different experience from one of the smaller ships. There's so much to see and do. Thanks for the compliment. I spent a lot of time shopping for just the right cruise wardrobe. ;) Have a great cruise and come back and tell us all about it!

Lol what is it! I hope I never see this on one of my cruises. I agree with Gapearl I will never think of cornbread in the same way again! Lol

I am referring to page 32 and the corn bread!

On your next cruise, when they have American lunch day at the buffet, I guarantee you will see it! :p

Thanks so much for such a fun and informative review! I found your review while riding back to KY from a family Thanksgiving in Memphis. I'm not even sailing on the Breeze but your title and opening post reeled me in. As all have said before me, you're a great storyteller and your zest for life comes through! Thanks again and I look forward to reading more from you. CCL really should give you a free cruise for being such a positive yet honest reviewer!!!:)

Thanks so much for such a fun and informative review! I found your review while riding back to KY from a family Thanksgiving in Memphis. I'm not even sailing on the Breeze but your title and opening post reeled me in. As all have said before me, you're a great storyteller and your zest for life comes through! Thanks again and I look forward to reading more from you. CCL really should give you a free cruise for being such a positive yet honest reviewer!!!:)

Hello! I'm glad you had a good read on your trip home! Thanks for the nice words. I've been saying for 2 years now Carnival should give me a free cruise for the review. Maybe I should start a petition to get this! haha I'll be back in 2 weeks with another new review, so stay tuned! In the meantime check out my Valor review in my signature from earlier this year! :)

I certainly enjoyed reading your review on the breeze. We just took our second cruise on her last week. Although it is a beautiful ship, the entertainment is extremely poor as well as food selections. How do you compare this ship to the Liberty? Thanks so much!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hey GAPearl, I know that you're a busy lady and all...LOL

Is there any timeline for that Carnival Imagination review? I'll be sailing her on 1/26/14, and it would be great to read your perspective before I go!

(No pressure from me, of course....:rolleyes:).

I certainly enjoyed reading your review on the breeze. We just took our second cruise on her last week. Although it is a beautiful ship, the entertainment is extremely poor as well as food selections. How do you compare this ship to the Liberty? Thanks so much!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I read quite a few Breeze reviews before I left and everyone had bad reviews about the entertainment. I was like surely it couldn't be that bad. Then I saw the Divas show and realized it was! Perhaps it'll get better as the entertainers swap out and there's a new mix. I thought the food was good, although I am happy to see there will be some menu changes coming. I can't compare her to the Liberty, as I haven't sailed Liberty yet. Maybe I should book a Liberty cruise! haha Thanks so much for taking the time to read! :)

Hey GAPearl, I know that you're a busy lady and all...LOL

Is there any timeline for that Carnival Imagination review? I'll be sailing her on 1/26/14, and it would be great to read your perspective before I go!

(No pressure from me, of course....:rolleyes:).

No worries! It'll be up way before then. I'm sailing on the Sensation next week. Since they're both 3 day cruises so close together, I decided to wait and review them both at the same time. It's gonna be a good one, too. :p Week after next, be on the lookout. ;)

Just stopping by to say thank you, thank you, thank you for this wonderful review! Your advice made me try certain things on our Breeze cruise over Thanksgiving and I had a ball. The Thrill Theater had DH & I laughing like little kids (I needed a good laugh). Had so much fun that I booked the Breeze again for May 2014!

Just stopping by to say thank you, thank you, thank you for this wonderful review! Your advice made me try certain things on our Breeze cruise over Thanksgiving and I had a ball. The Thrill Theater had DH & I laughing like little kids (I needed a good laugh). Had so much fun that I booked the Breeze again for May 2014!

Awesome! Glad you had a good time! I'd love to book Breeze again next year. Did you try the ropes course? Which itinerary did you do? Also I see you're in Atlanta. Are you enjoying the warm weather as much as I am this week? :)

Awesome! Glad you had a good time! I'd love to book Breeze again next year. Did you try the ropes course? Which itinerary did you do? Also I see you're in Atlanta. Are you enjoying the warm weather as much as I am this week? :)

We did the Exotic Southern Caribbean (G. Turk, LaRomana, Aruba & Curacao). I really enjoyed D.R. We took the Seavis excursion to Isla Seona…beautiful beach! Unfortunately, I didn't try the ropes course but I do plan on tackling it and those slides next go around. My next spin on the Breeze will be stopping at G. Turk, Puerto Rico, St. Maarten & St. Kitts in an inside spa cabin. I'll be by first inside cabin. Hopefully I don't get claustrophobic.

I'm enjoying this warm weather in the ATL. DH is in Milwaukee for work and his upset because his high was 9 degrees this morning! :eek:

We did the Exotic Southern Caribbean (G. Turk, LaRomana, Aruba & Curacao). I really enjoyed D.R. We took the Seavis excursion to Isla Seona…beautiful beach! Unfortunately, I didn't try the ropes course but I do plan on tackling it and those slides next go around. My next spin on the Breeze will be stopping at G. Turk, Puerto Rico, St. Maarten & St. Kitts in an inside spa cabin. I'll be by first inside cabin. Hopefully I don't get claustrophobic.

I'm enjoying this warm weather in the ATL. DH is in Milwaukee for work and his upset because his high was 9 degrees this morning! :eek:

You won't be claustrophobic in an inside. You can plan to get some good sleep though if you don't set an alarm, lol. Since you'll be in a spa cabin, hopefully my spa information helped you a little. That's an awesome itinerary. Puerto Rico is one of my favorites. You'll love the slides. :D

I have now read ALL of your reviews and just loved them!!!

Can't wait for the next one! :)

Well thank you dear! Another one will be coming soon. :)

Believe it or not, my every day life is REALLY BORING! All those dresses typically get worn once, maybe twice, and just stay there in my closet looking pretty. If I'm not working, my Friday and Saturday nights are spent on my couch. I don't have many single friends, and it's hard to coordinate schedules with the few I do have. I haven't seriously dated anyone in a long time (close to 3 years). My every day life is honestly work, gym, church, Publix, repeat, with an occasional movie maybe once a month. The nightlife on the ship is one reason why I LOVE cruises so much. I get to have a nice dinner, see a comedy show, listen to music, dance a bit, have a drink, and enjoy the company of a few new friends. The 50 weeks a year that I'm not on vacation aren't even remotely close to the excitement you see in my reviews. Well, with the exception of an occasional Vegas layover. :D

I realize I'm coming in way after your review, but I gotta say, I LOVE your review! I'm about to sail in 38 days on the Paradise out of Tampa. I am responding to this particular post because I live much the same way. LOL...which is why I am taking this cruise. I've been thinking about taking the Breeze in Feb. of 2015 on what appears to be this same itinerary and your review has done it for me. Once I'm back from my trip on the Paradise, I'm booking the Breeze! BTW...I too am an Atlanta girl, born and raised. Relocated to Winder GA just outside of Athens. DD is a grad student at UGA and looking forward to many new adventures! Happy Sailing!

I realize I'm coming in way after your review, but I gotta say, I LOVE your review! I'm about to sail in 38 days on the Paradise out of Tampa. I am responding to this particular post because I live much the same way. LOL...which is why I am taking this cruise. I've been thinking about taking the Breeze in Feb. of 2015 on what appears to be this same itinerary and your review has done it for me. Once I'm back from my trip on the Paradise, I'm booking the Breeze! BTW...I too am an Atlanta girl, born and raised. Relocated to Winder GA just outside of Athens. DD is a grad student at UGA and looking forward to many new adventures! Happy Sailing!

Thanks for responding! I actually enjoy being a homebody. I stay gone so much that I love just being lazy in my house. Also even though I'm a night owl on the ship, I'm not like that when I'm home. A friend wanted to meet up for dinner at 9 pm one night a few months ago. I was like nine o'clock? That's too late! I'm not driving out there that late! LOL I guess that's me being a true gemini. I really am two different people at home and on a cruise. :)

I think someone from our roll call was from Winder. Enjoy the Paradise. She'll always be special to me being my first cruise. Hope you book the Breeze soon!

Thanks for responding! I actually enjoy being a homebody. I stay gone so much that I love just being lazy in my house. Also even though I'm a night owl on the ship, I'm not like that when I'm home. A friend wanted to meet up for dinner at 9 pm one night a few months ago. I was like nine o'clock? That's too late! I'm not driving out there that late! LOL I guess that's me being a true gemini. I really am two different people at home and on a cruise. :)

I think someone from our roll call was from Winder. Enjoy the Paradise. She'll always be special to me being my first cruise. Hope you book the Breeze soon!

I enjoyed your review and the 9 pm comment made me laugh. I have to dvr any show that I want to watch if it comes on after 9. My dog starts looking at me with her "is it not time for bed" face around 9.

I enjoyed your review and the 9 pm comment made me laugh. I have to dvr any show that I want to watch if it comes on after 9. My dog starts looking at me with her "is it not time for bed" face around 9.

LOL Don't get me wrong, I'm very much a night owl. I'll be up til 2, sometimes 3 am doing nothing but watching tv and lollygagging on here and Facebook. I just don't like being out late when I'm home. If I'm sleep by midnight, that's an accomplishment. ;)

This person from Winder didn't happen to be a Zumba instructor?

I don't think so. We did have a Zumba instructor in our group but she's from Ohio. I wish I could remember who it was, but I might be mistaken. Winder just sounds really familiar for some reason.

LOL Don't get me wrong, I'm very much a night owl. I'll be up til 2, sometimes 3 am doing nothing but watching tv and lollygagging on here and Facebook. I just don't like being out late when I'm home. If I'm sleep by midnight, that's an accomplishment. ;)

I don't think so. We did have a Zumba instructor in our group but she's from Ohio. I wish I could remember who it was, but I might be mistaken. Winder just sounds really familiar for some reason.

Hey Kim,

Have you completed either of your upcoming cruises yet?

Hey Kim,

Have you completed either of your upcoming cruises yet?

Hi Karen! Yes my Imagination cruise was last month and my Sensation cruise is in 12 hours! :D I get back Sunday and will *try* to get started with the reviews Monday, but it might be midweek. Next week for sure though, two more GAPearl reviews are coming your way. :)

Kim, we are doing Liberty on March 29th...still has rooms available. I was kind of wishing I was on a cruise last week as our temps were -20 to -29 for about 3 days. Tomorrow will be 41 and hopefully it will melt the snow and ice off the roads. :eek: