GAPearl's Big BREEZE Review! 8 Day Southern Itinerary 9/28/13.

gapearl

Hi Kim (gapearl),

I am a new follower, I found your post while plan my families Breeze Escape, 3/23/14! Your review read like a juice love novel. I could not put my pad down until I finished reading, Lol.....Love, Love, Love everything. I took a Mother's Day cruise with a good friend last year (1st time cruise) never again....you have shown me to Solo is the way to go! I will review your other posts which I know I will enjoy. Thank you for sharing this information it is very helpful.

gapearl,

Can you tell me if there is a hair dryer in the ladies gym shower room?

There will be 3 of us sharing a room and I want to get ready there since there is more room.

Thanks!!

PG

Hi PG! Please don't quote me on this but I want to say yes. I never really paid attention and never had to use the hair dryers in there, so I honestly don't know. I would think there are hair dryers there since there are showers.

Hi Kim (gapearl),

I am a new follower, I found your post while plan my families Breeze Escape, 3/23/14! Your review read like a juice love novel. I could not put my pad down until I finished reading, Lol.....Love, Love, Love everything. I took a Mother's Day cruise with a good friend last year (1st time cruise) never again....you have shown me to Solo is the way to go! I will review your other posts which I know I will enjoy. Thank you for sharing this information it is very helpful.

Hi Shea! I'm glad you found me! LOL I've got a few solo reviews floating around here, so check them out. My next trip (not a cruise) will be solo and I can't wait. I've been thinking about inviting a friend from the country I'm visiting, but I don't want to turn my trip into our trip. Take the plunge and book a solo trip. You'll love it! Have a great time on your upcoming Breeze cruise! :D

Yes ma'am I am reading your 1st book now (Your 1st Review) LOL. Yes solo i will go and Shout out to my am discount/coupon DIVA's, I love a good BoGo, Coupon, or Discount. Thank again ;)

Oh man! I haven't cracked open that review in over a year! LOL You'll see they have gradually gotten better from the first one. I'm headed to Publix this weekend with my two big coupon notebooks! :p

Hi PG! Please don't quote me on this but I want to say yes. I never really paid attention and never had to use the hair dryers in there, so I honestly don't know. I would think there are hair dryers there since there are showers.

:D

Mucho Grassy Ass on the quick response.....PVP did not know the answer......WTH:eek:

375d4002-68b7-4883-ac50-a2b8eacc7c82_zps702f424f.jpg

Hey Kim! I just enjoyed reading this review, I think I may have to read ALL of them at this point. That should help me get through the 3 months until my next cruise! :rolleyes: I know you mentioned that you purchased your beautiful dinner dresses at Express, but I was wondering where you buy all of the adorable sun dresses and swim suite cover up dresses that you wear throughout the day? Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Loved the review! We are cruising in March and can't wait to see this ship!

A note about dining room dress: We also always follow dress code in the evening. However on our cruise out of San Juan in 2012, we had airline issues and our luggage didn't make it to the ship. We were happy that we made the ship though and did not let it ruin our cruise! We explained our situation to the dining room hostess and asked if we could get "carry out" for formal night and they told us to go ahead and come to the dining room. I don't think this is the norm however for people not following dress code, but it does happen to be legit sometimes.

Just noticing all the new comments!

Mucho Grassy Ass on the quick response.....PVP did not know the answer......WTH:eek:

Mucho grassy ass. LOL :p

OMG! Another gapearl review. So excited. Thanks for taking the time to write such awesome reviews!!!

Thank you! And I have two more after this one if you missed it! :D

Hey Kim! I just enjoyed reading this review, I think I may have to read ALL of them at this point. That should help me get through the 3 months until my next cruise! :rolleyes: I know you mentioned that you purchased your beautiful dinner dresses at Express, but I was wondering where you buy all of the adorable sun dresses and swim suite cover up dresses that you wear throughout the day? Thanks!!

Hi Ashley! Thanks for reading. My reviews are so long it will take you 3 months to get through them all. :rolleyes: lol I got all my sundress and maxi dresses from TJ Maxx, Ross, Marshalls and Target. Cute and cheap! I can spend hours digging through the racks, and it's worth it when I find these dresses for $9.99. Express has their end of season clearance sale going on now. It's time to start shopping for my two cruises later this year. I need 15 days worth of new dresses! :eek: :D

Another refreshing review, great job!!

Thanks so much Gelo! I haven't noticed you around on the boards recently. Good to see you back!

Loved the review! We are cruising in March and can't wait to see this ship!

A note about dining room dress: We also always follow dress code in the evening. However on our cruise out of San Juan in 2012, we had airline issues and our luggage didn't make it to the ship. We were happy that we made the ship though and did not let it ruin our cruise! We explained our situation to the dining room hostess and asked if we could get "carry out" for formal night and they told us to go ahead and come to the dining room. I don't think this is the norm however for people not following dress code, but it does happen to be legit sometimes.

Oh man! That's terrible you had to go through your cruise without your luggage! :eek: Could they not have sent it to a port half way through the cruise? I'm sure there are unusual circumstances that happen at times. That's very unfortunate when it happens. I appreciate you reading and hope you have an awesome cruise! :D

• 4 weeks later...

GAPEARL....Way, way, way, way late to this party. But, for some reason, I remembered you were cruising the Breeze when you commented on my Breeze cruise.

Just thought of it this a.m. So, I had to see if you had a review up.

Great, great review.

Late, but THANKS!

Don't know when I'll sail Carnival again (got a Breakaway sailing coming up, though). Always enjoy your reviews on Carnival, though.

GAPEARL....Way, way, way, way late to this party. But, for some reason, I remembered you were cruising the Breeze when you commented on my Breeze cruise.

Just thought of it this a.m. So, I had to see if you had a review up.

Great, great review.

Late, but THANKS!

Don't know when I'll sail Carnival again (got a Breakaway sailing coming up, though). Always enjoy your reviews on Carnival, though.

Fashionably late to the party, that's quite ok! Better late than never, right? So glad you thought to come read about my long drama of a cruise, and I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much for this in depth review. I sailed on the Carnival Breeze last yr western Caribbean. I liked the ship so much that I am going on this same cruise to southern Caribbean in June. Thanks for you tips about each of the islands & what great pictures.

Hi Kim!!!! I see your review is still drawing some attention. The weather this winter has forced me to take a cruise earlier than I was anticipating. I'll be going on the Pride out of Baltimore next week! Yay!!!

By the way, that big snowstorm at the end of January caused me to get stuck in Atlanta overnight...... I bet that storm caused some headaches for you too! Well, take care! Harold. :)

This has been a great review. I'm super new to the board but truly enjoyed your review. I wish I had taken more cruises pre-motherhood and been ok with going solo! Haven't had a cruise in about 5 years and i'm looking forward to my next one at the end of this year. I'll be sailing semi-solo as my travel companion will only be 4!

I will be hitting up all the after summer sales to have my outfits together!!!

Edited by MomofTheBoy

Wowza I'm behind on all the recent comments! I've been off CC for roughly the last month but I'm back around now. :)

Love your reviews gapearl!! I'm actually reading this one again with a notebook and pen in hand since I will be sailing this itinerary in June aboard the Freedom :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for reading.....again! lol Hope you got some good ideas and have a great cruise on the Freedom!

Thank you so much for this in depth review. I sailed on the Carnival Breeze last yr western Caribbean. I liked the ship so much that I am going on this same cruise to southern Caribbean in June. Thanks for you tips about each of the islands & what great pictures.

Thanks a bunch! You will love the Breeze. She's a great ship, definitely my favorite so far. Have fun when you sail in June!

I'm cruising on the Breeze in August & I can't wait! I'm hoping to lose 30 pounds before I embark, so far I'm down 14 pounds.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Good for you girl! Half way there! :D

Whew... what a great way to spend this beautiful Sunday- reading another great review. All 36 pages. Thanks for the entertainment and a great story of your vacation. Loved it. :D

Well I'm so glad you had an entertaining Sunday afternoon reading about my soap opera of a vacation. lol Looks like you're sailing the Breeze in a week. Have a great cruise! I'm positive you'll have a ton of fun!

Hi Kim!!!! I see your review is still drawing some attention. The weather this winter has forced me to take a cruise earlier than I was anticipating. I'll be going on the Pride out of Baltimore next week! Yay!!!

By the way, that big snowstorm at the end of January caused me to get stuck in Atlanta overnight...... I bet that storm caused some headaches for you too! Well, take care! Harold. :)

My reviews are like cats. They have so many lives! As soon as they disappear for a few weeks, one will eventually get bumped back up. LOL I hope you had a great time on the Pride. I didn't take a cruise this winter, but instead spent a week in Cartagena, Colombia. I absolutely fell in love with this city! I also took a day trip to Barranquilla (birthplace of Shakira) for the second largest Carnaval in the world next to Rio. This was the trip of a lifetime.

Lucky me, I was home in my warm, comfortable house, while sipping a rum punch in a Carnival Fun Ship souvenir cup in my pajamas when the Snowmageddon hit Atlanta. However, many friends of mine were posting live on Facebook about being stuck for hours or they were unable to reach family members stuck out there. I know the rest of the world was laughing at the southern folks that couldn't drive in a little winter weather. :o

This has been a great review. I'm super new to the board but truly enjoyed your review. I wish I had taken more cruises pre-motherhood and been ok with going solo! Haven't had a cruise in about 5 years and i'm looking forward to my next one at the end of this year. I'll be sailing semi-solo as my travel companion will only be 4!

I will be hitting up all the after summer sales to have my outfits together!!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

I'm so glad you enjoyed my review. There are many awesome reviews floating around the boards. Read as many of them as you can when you have time. They will take you to your vacation happy place! Have a great time with your little travel companion later this year. 5 years, yeah I'd say you're long overdue for this cruise. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

• 4 weeks later...

We are sailing on a 6 day on Carnival Breeze in 10 days!! This is just what we needed before we go. The pictures were beautiful and I know just what to look for. This is our 7th cruise on carnival. First time on newer bigger ship. Thank you for a great review. We are so ready now!!:D:D:D:D

Great review as always Kim!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks Ashley! Have a great anniversary cruise! :)

We are sailing on a 6 day on Carnival Breeze in 10 days!! This is just what we needed before we go. The pictures were beautiful and I know just what to look for. This is our 7th cruise on carnival. First time on newer bigger ship. Thank you for a great review. We are so ready now!!:D:D:D:D

Hey there! The Breeze was also my first time on a bigger ship. There is so much to see and do that you might not do it all. The decor is the best I've seen on any ship. Try to eat at as many restaurants as you can. Thanks for reading and I hope you have a fabulous cruise! :D