GAPearl's Big BREEZE Review! 8 Day Southern Itinerary 9/28/13.

gapearl

Hey Kim,

Thanks for another great review. Like always your dresses are FABULOUS!!! Sailing in 2 months with my mom & like always I have good intentions of not overpacking, but reading your reviews always justifies doing so. Can't wait for your Sensation review.

TeeTee

Fantastic review! I enjoyed it so much.

My granddaughter age 22 is a diva like you. She and her best friend are cruising with us in 12 days :D. She informed me tonight that she has 7 dresses with matching shoes for dinner. :eek: glad they have their own cabin.

I need to get her on cc just to read your reviews and see your clothes.

Thanks again for a fun read and great pics and tips for sea days and port days.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

Only 7 dresses? That's not too bad! LOL Is it a first cruise for either of them? I'd love for you to send her the link to my review....and maybe post one of her own so I can see her dresses too! LOL Have fun on your upcoming cruise! :)

Hey Kim,

Thanks for another great review. Like always your dresses are FABULOUS!!! Sailing in 2 months with my mom & like always I have good intentions of not overpacking, but reading your reviews always justifies doing so. Can't wait for your Sensation review.

TeeTee

Go ahead and overpack! LOL Better to have too much than not enough. ;) Is your daughter going on that one too? Tell her I said hello! I hope you do another review when you return as well.

Only 7 dresses? That's not too bad! LOL Is it a first cruise for either of them? I'd love for you to send her the link to my review....and maybe post one of her own so I can see her dresses too! LOL Have fun on your upcoming cruise! :)

Well those are just dinner dresses! She has sundresses for swim suit cover ups! She's never been on this site but I would swear she has read on of your reviews and seen your awesome outfits. :D:D It's just how she rolls!!

She's a blonde and added some teal etc to the side of her hair yesterday. She calls it "peacock" color. :eek: it we were on FB I could show you a picture.

Single digit boogie time. We are going to have a blast! I'll try to post some pics in a review.

Well those are just dinner dresses! She has sundresses for swim suit cover ups! She's never been on this site but I would swear she has read on of your reviews and seen your awesome outfits. :D:D It's just how she rolls!!

She's a blonde and added some teal etc to the side of her hair yesterday. She calls it "peacock" color. :eek: it we were on FB I could show you a picture.

Single digit boogie time. We are going to have a blast! I'll try to post some pics in a review.

Yes you will have a blast! The peacock color sounds kind of cute. If we were on the same cruise, I'm sure she and I would probably cross paths at some point, lol. I'm also doing the single digit dance, too. Headed on the Imagination next week! :D I'll be looking for your review when you return!

Hey Kim,

I was shopping with my BFF 's on our annual shopping trip (23 years strong) and decided to look at dresses in Ross. I don't usually shop there as there are way too many racks of clothes to go through. However, right up front were just 3 rows of cocktail dresses. Found one I liked...black with red sparkles. Tried it on, and not too bad. Nothing that a few more pounds or a Spanx can't fix..haha.

Well, I remembered that there was another one, black with blue sparkles. So I go back, bit what do I see? Another lady looking at the dress. I politely wait my turn , she puts it back, moves on down the line, so I grab it, :D

Man, the LOOK she gave me. :eek::eek:

She glared at me and then walked away without a word. Geez, it wasn't like I grabbed it out of her hand saying I say it first!

Anyway, bought both with the intention of showing them to the GF's and returning one the next day. Well, the vote was split and I kept changing my mind. I decided for $25.00 a piece, I would keep BOTH!

Thanks for the shopping advice.;)

Edited by 2 cruzen

Hey Kim,

I was shopping with my BFF 's on our annual shopping trip (23 years strong) and decided to look at dresses in Ross. I don't usually shop there as there are way too many racks of clothes to go through. However, right up front were just 3 rows of cocktail dresses. Found one I liked...black with red sparkles. Tried it on, and not too bad. Nothing that a few more pounds or a Spanx can't fix..haha.

Well, I remembered that there was another one, black with blue sparkles. So I go back, bit what do I see? Another lady looking at the dress. I politely wait my turn , she puts it back, moves on down the line, so I grab it, :D

Man, the LOOK she gave me. :eek::eek:

She glared at me and then walked away without a word. Geez, it wasn't like I grabbed it out of her hand saying I say it first!

Anyway, bought both with the intention of showing them to the GF's and returning one the next day. Well, the vote was split and I kept changing my mind. I decided for $25.00 a piece, I would keep BOTH!

Thanks for the shopping advice.;)

Awesome! That's too funny about that lady! LOL She shouldn't have put it back if she wanted it!!! Now you know you're not done shopping yet though. You now have to get shoes, jewelry, handbags, makeup, all the extras to match. Plan another shopping trip asap! I will gladly take full responsibility for all the ladies on here shopping and dressing up to look and feel beautiful on their vacations. :)

Hope you are enjoying yourself! Can't wait for your next review!

I just got off the Imagination this morning. It was a great weekend trip! So many people talk so badly about Nassau on here but I really enjoyed it! I can't wait to go back again in 3 weeks. :D I'll be reviewing both cruises when I'm back from Sensation.

Sadly, I have over 100 days to do all my shopping. I try to pack lightly and can't do high heels, so I won't be rocking it like you do. I have some nice silver heeled sandles that go with many of my dresses.

There are tons of cute sparkly flats out there. I'm sure you'll rock those nicely! :)

Hey glad to know that you had fun on Imagination. My 5 girlfriends and I will be on board when she relocates to Long Beach CA in January 2014. Since I'm normally a Royal Caribbean cheerleader (most of my sailing over 20 yrs has been with RCCL), can you tell me what the ship is like? Or maybe you'd rather just do one of your absolutely outstanding reviews with photos?!? ;)

Hey glad to know that you had fun on Imagination. My 5 girlfriends and I will be on board when she relocates to Long Beach CA in January 2014. Since I'm normally a Royal Caribbean cheerleader (most of my sailing over 20 yrs has been with RCCL), can you tell me what the ship is like? Or maybe you'd rather just do one of your absolutely outstanding reviews with photos?!? ;)

Imagination is a nice ship! There were actually a few small things I liked better about this cruise than the Breeze. The decor is dark with lots of black, and glitzy, so prepare yourself. Outside by the pool, there's the Mongolian Wok where they make fresh stir fry. Eat there the first day because there's always a line. Right next to it is the rotisserie grill. If you see lines everywhere else, grab something there. There's NEVER a line! It's a small ship, but that's good because it never takes long to walk anywhere. I'll be doing a combined review of both Imagination and Sensation after my next cruise in 3 weeks. :)

Imagination is a nice ship! There were actually a few small things I liked better about this cruise than the Breeze. The decor is dark with lots of black, and glitzy, so prepare yourself. Outside by the pool, there's the Mongolian Wok where they make fresh stir fry. Eat there the first day because there's always a line. Right next to it is the rotisserie grill. If you see lines everywhere else, grab something there. There's NEVER a line! It's a small ship, but that's good because it never takes long to walk anywhere. I'll be doing a combined review of both Imagination and Sensation after my next cruise in 3 weeks. :)

Honey, I'm waiting with bated breath to read about your experiences on those ships. You write the BEST reviews!

Just got back from our 5 day Elation cruise. We had a good laugh about your cornbread until the third day of our cruise. My nephew went to get something to eat and came back with this. LOL

DSC_4365_zpscd7a3833.jpg

LOL I don't think anyone will ever look at cornbread the same now! :D

Hey GaPearl, I have read and enjoyed all of your reviews. Can't wait for your next review.

Moving right along, on to the California Lighthouse. We stopped here for about 20 minutes for pictures.

cd3d45a6-e778-4864-b665-eb1e6f288477_zps6cb2014b.jpg

Fresh coconut for sale.

835c6b07-f73c-425e-9c7a-0a4d91e9c257_zps32a6c9ae.jpg

7a15de0c-5b76-4020-a504-599617bbcedc_zps348d08e8.jpg

This would have been a fun bus for the day! I knew about Kukoo Kunuku and would love to have taken their tour instead, but I didn't see a rep for them at the port.

372a1b95-4eb9-4c37-8b76-66fe221c8904_zpsa0434265.jpg

I took the bus tour in August with RCI. It was fun. My husband still talks about how we disrupted the school children with the loud horn blowing and maracas shaking.:o

p.s. I have a grandson in Snellville.

First off, thank you for taking the time to do this review. I'll be sailing on the Breeze next September and I am really looking forward to it. A person on my roll call actually told me to find your review and read it. I just spent the last 2.5 hours reading through your adventure.

Thanks to your review and the one by Mike&Tracy I know I will enjoy the Breeze. It will be my first time on her and I decided on the Breeze after a sailing on the Carnival Glory earlier this year.

You mentioned that you work for an airline and that you live in Atlanta. I fly frequently on the largest airline in ATL, I don't know if you ever fly the ATL-ORF route but I'll keep an eye out for you. :)

One last thing, you rocked every dress you were pictured in! ;)

Take care and safe travels to you in the future.

Harold :D

Kim, when you were in Grand Turk, did you book your excursion through Carnival or just outside the shops? I want to visit the museums, but I'm think ng just getting a taxi may be luck of the draw as far as the driver telling you about the island. Wondering what you would recommend? Thanks

I took the bus tour in August with RCI. It was fun. My husband still talks about how we disrupted the school children with the loud horn blowing and maracas shaking.:o

p.s. I have a grandson in Snellville.

LOL too funny! It was a great tour, and you can't beat the price at $20. If I make it to Curacao again, I'd love to do nothing but lay my bum on the beach all day.

I can say I've never been to Snellville. That's allllllllllll the way on the other side of town, about an hour from me. Atlanta is so big and spread out. Thanks for reading, by the way! :)

I enjoyed your Southern Caribbean on the Valor review so much ... I needed more! So hear I am enjoying this one!

Awesome job Kim! You really are a talented writer and story teller. :)

Well I'm so glad you came back to read again! Keep an eye out in the next few weeks for yet another review full of cruise stories from me! :D

Kim, when you were in Grand Turk, did you book your excursion through Carnival or just outside the shops? I want to visit the museums, but I'm think ng just getting a taxi may be luck of the draw as far as the driver telling you about the island. Wondering what you would recommend? Thanks

Definitely get a taxi. I can't imagine the ship's tours being so thorough. When you arrive, talk to a taxi driver and have a list of the places you want to go. I was able to negotiate $20 per person for us. Our driver not only waited but came into each museum and really interacted with us. On both of my trips to Grand Turk, I just grabbed a taxi at the port. You'll be fine doing this. ;)

First off, thank you for taking the time to do this review. I'll be sailing on the Breeze next September and I am really looking forward to it. A person on my roll call actually told me to find your review and read it. I just spent the last 2.5 hours reading through your adventure.

Thanks to your review and the one by Mike&Tracy I know I will enjoy the Breeze. It will be my first time on her and I decided on the Breeze after a sailing on the Carnival Glory earlier this year.

You mentioned that you work for an airline and that you live in Atlanta. I fly frequently on the largest airline in ATL, I don't know if you ever fly the ATL-ORF route but I'll keep an eye out for you. :)

One last thing, you rocked every dress you were pictured in! ;)

Take care and safe travels to you in the future.

Harold :D

2 1/2 hours! Wow, I'm really long winded! LOL I haven't had the chance to get to Mike & Tracy's Breeze review yet. I'm about half way through the Liberty part. But yes, you will truly have a good time. Start planning now because September will be here before you know it! And thanks for the compliment on the dresses!

It was a pleasure meeting you on that airline :)

We are home from our adventure!

OMG I'm so glad you came back and posted! I was thinking about y'all all week! I hope you had an awesome time on your cruise! Thanks for making me feel so special. I really felt kinda famous. haha Y'all were so much fun, and I hope you enjoyed your cruise "goodies". ;)

So a few weeks ago, I was working a flight to FLL and had the pleasure of meeting rchpchika1. She and her group of 15 were headed to catch the Breeze and ALL recognized me! I can honestly say that's the first time that's ever happened. Of course I made sure they had their best flight ever. :p

Like I said, you will know which airline I work for when you see me greeting you with a good morning, welcome aboard! LOL

Definitely get a taxi. I can't imagine the ship's tours being so thorough. When you arrive, talk to a taxi driver and have a list of the places you want to go. I was able to negotiate $20 per person for us. Our driver not only waited but came into each museum and really interacted with us. On both of my trips to Grand Turk, I just grabbed a taxi at the port. You'll be fine doing this. ;)

Thanks so much. One more question, besides the lighthouse, salt museum, and museum downtown, what was the other place you went? Was it the Queens prison or something like that? Did you have a favorite place to eat in town? Ok, guess that's three questions!