BOGO Deal on RCI for Australian Cruises

I've mentioned before that I'm a LURKER!:D I have gotten so much info from this particular forum. So I'm surprised that I haven't seen anyone here mention this BOGO deal which came up the other day on RCI's site. "Australian Cruise Sale, Second Guest Saves 50%, Now thround Oct 31." Then I started to wonder if RCI has 2 Different websites like Carnival does - one for US and one for Australia. Is this the case?

I was excited for this sale, for about half a minute, until my DH found out it was only for new bookings (we've had ours booked since May). He was told we could cancel and rebook a guaranteed JS but we wouldn't get the same cabin we have now. I'm not willing to give up my Corner Aft JS. Plus we wouldn't be next to our friends. We could have saved $1100 but it wasn't worth it to me. Am I crazy?:eek:

Teri

Yes, two separate websites.

If you read the thread re geo-blocking, it explains how, for certain cruiselines, all enquiries to overseas cruise websites automatically go to Australian websites, even when we are enquiring about overseas cruises.

$1100 spending money would be hard to give up!

I just checked out our cruise on the American web site via a search engine called Mercury this doesn't redirect you to the Oz web site and to my surprise the price for a cabin the same as ours was almost $2000.00 more

I no complain

Karl

Yes, two separate websites.

If you read the thread re geo-blocking, it explains how, for certain cruiselines, all enquiries to overseas cruise websites automatically go to Australian websites, even when we are enquiring about overseas cruises.

$1100 spending money would be hard to give up![/quote]

Yes but so would the Junior Suite Corner Aft cabin in MHO! :)

I've mentioned before that I'm a LURKER!:D I have gotten so much info from this particular forum. So I'm surprised that I haven't seen anyone here mention this BOGO deal which came up the other day on RCI's site. "Australian Cruise Sale, Second Guest Saves 50%, Now thround Oct 31." Then I started to wonder if RCI has 2 Different websites like Carnival does - one for US and one for Australia. Is this the case?

I was excited for this sale, for about half a minute, until my DH found out it was only for new bookings (we've had ours booked since May). He was told we could cancel and rebook a guaranteed JS but we wouldn't get the same cabin we have now. I'm not willing to give up my Corner Aft JS. Plus we wouldn't be next to our friends. We could have saved $1100 but it wasn't worth it to me. Am I crazy?:eek:

Teri

Hi Teri

Sorry but I would have to say yes you are

$1100 would easily cover your shore excursions and maybe even throw in that reef trip at cairns but that's me, regardless enjoy:rolleyes:

After talking with the friends we're traveling with, we all decided to stay put with our current reservations. We've been planning this trip together for about 5 yrs. We were so excited to get 2 aft cabins next to each other so we don't want to give that up. Money isn't everything but I'll keep watching for price drops and hope for savings that way. :)

Archived