Different Suites on Spirit

rhinomike

What are one of the main differences of suites on the Spirit. There are 2 different Penthouse Suites that I listed below. They are similar in price. Are there pros and cons of each? Are some locations better than others? Or should I just pick any of them and not worry.

There is also the Owners Suite but it is priced higher. What do you get for the extra money? Thanks.

Penthouse with large balcony

Aft facing Penthouse with large balcony

There are actually 3 different penthouse suites.

The aft penthouses are right at the stern. I have one of those booked for a canary island cruise next year. I picked it because I was worried the weather might be a bit cool, so wanted the shelter when underway.

There are 2 different categories of penthouse with large balcony. One category is for the suites right at the front, the other is for the suites on the sides, but still right near the front.

I did a suite right at the front on the Sun and loved it, but that was a Caribbean trip, so I knew it would be hot.

In terms of differences inside the cabin, I'm not sure. I think the ones right at the front are the biggest, but they all have max occupancy of 3. I think they all have a separate bedroom.

If you google the suite number or name and ship you might find YouTube videos to give you an idea. I know I found one for an aft penthouse not long ago.

Owners suite gets you even more space, and some bottles of booze.

Have fun choosing!

We have always picked the bow penthouse's for the view and space. The Owners Suites are almost double the size, have free booze and "special" seating for the shows. We love the OS.

The OS on the Spirit was almost identical in size to our Aft facing PH. The only difference was a small alcove with a dining table and small bathroom.

Both had a separate living room and bedroom with a whirlpool tub.

Personally after seeing it, I was quite happy with our PH and didn't feel (on the Spirit anyway) that the OS was worth the extra money.

The OS on the Spirit was almost identical in size to our Aft facing PH. The only difference was a small alcove with a dining table and small bathroom.

Both had a separate living room and bedroom with a whirlpool tub.

Personally after seeing it, I was quite happy with our PH and didn't feel (on the Spirit anyway) that the OS was worth the extra money.

Are all of the penthouses the same? I am not going to get an OS but I am probably going to upgrade to a prnthouse. I just don't kno which one to get.

We were in 10502 a front suite and there is a second half bath. Also, we had two balconies, one on the front of the ship and the other you can access from the bedroom on the side of the ship. Hope this helps a bit.:)

We were in 10502 a front suite and there is a second half bath. Also, we had two balconies, one on the front of the ship and the other you can access from the bedroom on the side of the ship. Hope this helps a bit.:)

Yes it does. Thnk you. I believe that is an owners suite.

The side suites don't have a smaller than normal room sized balcony. They are essentially two balcony rooms side by side with a connecting door. One side has the bedroom toward the ship hallway, bathroom in the middle and where the balcony would normally be is a tub on half and a shower on the other. Both have window views to outside.

The other room has the living room/dining room/sofa that pulls out/ and balcony and that balcony is the same size as a normal balcony room. You get two rooms of balcony space but one of them extends the actual room out where the balcony would be with the tub and shower.

I read about these suites in a cruise critic article about their favorite suites across all cruise lines. These on the Spirit were some of the most affordable.

Hi there, we were in the Geminie Suite in August, cabin 9212. There is a very detailed review of this suite written a few years ago and is still accurate.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1216866

I upgraded to this suite after reading this review. There is also an excellent video of this suite on the NCL website.

We prefer the aft cabins for the view. The OS as I beleive it is called on this ship are the 2 end cabins on deck 9. There are bigger, but I did not feel it was worth the difference in cost. Peeked inside them many times when passing by them, I though 9212 looked prettier.

One bathroom, sleeps up to 3 in seperate rooms. There is a door seperating the rooms. Whirlpool tub overlooks the wake of the ship.. amazing..

Let me know if you have more questions. We loved this suite.

The side suites don't have a smaller than normal room sized balcony. They are essentially two balcony rooms side by side with a connecting door. One side has the bedroom toward the ship hallway, bathroom in the middle and where the balcony would normally be is a tub on half and a shower on the other. Both have window views to outside.

The other room has the living room/dining room/sofa that pulls out/ and balcony and that balcony is the same size as a normal balcony room. You get two rooms of balcony space but one of them extends the actual room out where the balcony would be with the tub and shower.

I read about these suites in a cruise critic article about their favorite suites across all cruise lines. These on the Spirit were some of the most affordable.

Perfect. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much.

Hi there, we were in the Geminie Suite in August, cabin 9212. There is a very detailed review of this suite written a few years ago and is still accurate.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1216866

I upgraded to this suite after reading this review. There is also an excellent video of this suite on the NCL website.

We prefer the aft cabins for the view. The OS as I beleive it is called on this ship are the 2 end cabins on deck 9. There are bigger, but I did not feel it was worth the difference in cost. Peeked inside them many times when passing by them, I though 9212 looked prettier.

One bathroom, sleeps up to 3 in seperate rooms. There is a door seperating the rooms. Whirlpool tub overlooks the wake of the ship.. amazing..

Let me know if you have more questions. We loved this suite.

Thank you. I clicked on the link. The review is there but sadly the pics are gone. I might have some questions for you later. Thank you for the offer.

Hi again Rhinomike, I am the one with a family of five on the Spirit right after you. If it helps, I booked an SF penthouse on deck 10 that connects to a BC balcony cabin. The penthouse has a bedroom with queen size bed and bathroom with separate tub and shower. There is a living area by the balcony with a sofabed for the third person and a dining area with 4 chairs. The connecting balcony cabin has twin beds and a sofabed for the third person. The bathroom is a shower only. So you could easily fit three of your boys in the connecting cabin and have one on the sofabed in your penthouse. Like I had said before, it shouldn't be an issue sharing the suite perks with all of you since you are all one family and the kids are booked under you. I had the same set-up on our last cruise (wish I could figure out how to show you pictures of the cabins).

Hi again Rhinomike, I am the one with a family of five on the Spirit right after you. If it helps, I booked an SF penthouse on deck 10 that connects to a BC balcony cabin. The penthouse has a bedroom with queen size bed and bathroom with separate tub and shower. There is a living area by the balcony with a sofabed for the third person and a dining area with 4 chairs. The connecting balcony cabin has twin beds and a sofabed for the third person. The bathroom is a shower only. So you could easily fit three of your boys in the connecting cabin and have one on the sofabed in your penthouse. Like I had said before, it shouldn't be an issue sharing the suite perks with all of you since you are all one family and the kids are booked under you. I had the same set-up on our last cruise (wish I could figure out how to show you pictures of the cabins).

Thank you. I have the same suite and balcony on hold right now. It sounds perfect.

Wow that set up sounds perfect for both of you and your families. Let us know how it turns out. We will most likely go on the Spirit again. If they are still there, you will have Mary Jane as your butler and Yahira as your concierge. Both are wonderful. Getting off the ship early is a key perk as you can beat the crowds to the major sites. The Coliseum and the Parthenon are the 2 biggies. I have a spreadsheet and table with the various tours our group experienced. I can send it to you if you would like. I also have a link to the Dallies. Miloliihalehonu@yahoo.com

Cagney's is also a nice perk. It is open for breakfast early on port days. Very nice and relaxing before the crazy rush of the excursions. The Tahitian French toast was awesome. Wish I was back on board! You will not regret spending the money for the suite.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Wow that set up sounds perfect for both of you and your families. Let us know how it turns out. We will most likely go on the Spirit again. If they are still there, you will have Mary Jane as your butler and Yahira as your concierge. Both are wonderful. Getting off the ship early is a key perk as you can beat the crowds to the major sites. The Coliseum and the Parthenon are the 2 biggies. I have a spreadsheet and table with the various tours our group experienced. I can send it to you if you would like. I also have a link to the Dallies. Miloliihalehonu@yahoo.com

Cagney's is also a nice perk. It is open for breakfast early on port days. Very nice and relaxing before the crazy rush of the excursions. The Tahitian French toast was awesome. Wish I was back on board! You will not regret spending the money for the suite.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you. I just sent you an email. I would love the spread sheet. Thanks again.

Here's a link to my pictures of Libra Suite 9710. It'll give you a good idea of the suite layout:

I don't know how this compares to other suites on the ship, excepting the OS that was next door to us.

Wow! Every time I see pics or a review of anyone sailing on the Spirit, they make me really want to try that ship. It looks super unique, just like the itineraries. Might be our next European journey! In several years!:rolleyes:

Here's a link to my pictures of Libra Suite 9710. It'll give you a good idea of the suite layout:

I don't know how this compares to other suites on the ship, excepting the OS that was next door to us.

Thank you for the pics. Looks great. The pics got me excited. I can't wait.

Archived