Singles to get Double Points

Along the same thought, I am curious about high numbered D's becoming DP. I believe it is the high D's that will become DP sooner because of this that will have an effect. We have had numerous discussions on here about the overcrowding of the CL due to so many folks making DP faster due to D in Dec. Now folks will make DP faster due to this change and it is available year around. Wow.

I had 107 points prior to my cruise on the Allure in a standard balcony cabin. I have a JS booked on a ten night cruise and a regular balcony cabin booked on a fourteen night cruise.

Without the double points, at the end of the fourteen night cruise I would have 148 points, so I would need 27 more to make D+

With the additional point I will have 179 points (seven more from the Allure, ten more from the ten night cruise and fourteen more from the fourteen night cruise). So I'll be D+ before the end of next year.

Maybe the solution is a points on the amount spend?

For example for every $100 = 1point, I think is would be a better reward scheme?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would get 20 points for one week in a balcony with your system.

I had 107 points prior to my cruise on the Allure in a standard balcony cabin. I have a JS booked on a ten night cruise and a regular balcony cabin booked on a fourteen night cruise.

Without the double points, at the end of the fourteen night cruise I would have 148 points, so I would need 27 more to make D+

With the additional point I will have 179 points (seven more from the Allure, ten more from the ten night cruise and fourteen more from the fourteen night cruise). So I'll be D+ before the end of next year.

It's like singles are getting their own permanent Diamonds in December, except it doesn't have to be December, and you don't have to be Diamond!:)

We have stayed in JS' and have NEVER gotten extra points for it. We are getting extra points for our upcoming cruise, as it is a GS. South South can be a lot of different places, but I'm in Cranston. I have a lot of friends down your way. Have a wonderful evening.

I've been in a JS twice. Once on a 12 night cruise in 2012 where I received 24 points and once on a one week cruise earlier this year where I received fourteen points.

Whoa<

If this is true (I had not heard):confused: Then this maybe a case of too little too late for me. My next cruise although long (14 nts) is in Nov 2014. I am just Platinum and trying to make Diamond. By the time I make it it will be gone. Are they replacing it with anything? Does anyone know? Not complaining, just wondering.

Thanks

Denise

I think you are confusing two very different things. The C&A level of Diamond is alive and well and not going anywhere.

HOWEVER, reference to "Diamonds in December" refers to a program where people could earn triple points for booking a cruise in December. That program, "Diamonds in December" (not the C&A Diamond level), has been discontinued.

I happen to think you will get those double points if your account hasn't already been credited. I couldn't have been credited by Oct 3 so I believe the system will already be set to award the double points as points are added for completed cruises. Let us know what happens. You should get your points soon.

Gina

Yes, I did end up getting fourteen points.

If you continue to read further on in this thread, I had the issue resolved with C&A. Have a nice day.

I post as I read. I am not going to read the entire thread, then go back and figure out which posts to respond to. I provided the correct information. I don't care if some beat me to it first.

I've been in a JS twice. Once on a 12 night cruise in 2012 where I received 24 points and once on a one week cruise earlier this year where I received fourteen points.

Are you not reading all my posts. I got this taken care of with C&A. Have a nice day.

Are you not reading all my posts. I got this taken care of with C&A. Have a nice day.

Again, I post as I read. I am not going to read the entire thread and then go back and figure out what posts to respond to. I provided you with the correct information. I don't care if someone beat me to it.

I post as I read. I am not going to read the entire thread, then go back and figure out which posts to respond to. I provided the correct information. I don't care if some beat me to it first.

WOW...did you have a gorilla cookie for breakfast. Try to enjoy your day.

It's like singles are getting their own permanent Diamonds in December, except it doesn't have to be December, and you don't have to be Diamond!:)

This is why I'm opposed to it. A temporary promotion is one thing, although I always thought the December celebration should have been open to all, not just D and above. But at least it wasn't permanent.

After RCI changed the way the points are done, changing from credits, it seemed to level the playing field for lack of any other way to put it.

Now it's not just singles who can easily benefit at a low cost, but families can very easily manipulate the system. No, not on all cruises. But I'm sure you can figure out how they can book as easily as I can in order to get 3 points a day. It's not quite so easy for couples but it certainly can be done.

I personally think RCI should have some fine print here as it relates to those who are traveling on the same ship and carry the same points as being household partners. Same ship, same date? No extra points. Although that doesn't solve the 'playing field" problem of couples who are cruising together not having any way at all to earn 3 points a night, even if in the RS, but a single in a JS or better will get those 3 points. Or they will earn the same 2 a night as the couple in the RS if they just book a $300 interior room?

Do you understand all I'm suggesting? Not that in the end I really care. I just think RCI has opened up a whole new can of worms.

Gina

This is why I'm opposed to it. A temporary promotion is one thing, although I always thought the December celebration should have been open to all, not just D and above. But at least it wasn't permanent.

After RCI changed the way the points are done, changing from credits, it seemed to level the playing field for lack of any other way to put it.

Now it's not just singles who can easily benefit at a low cost, but families can very easily manipulate the system. No, not on all cruises. But I'm sure you can figure out how they can book as easily as I can in order to get 3 points a day. It's not quite so easy for couples but it certainly can be done.

I personally think RCI should have some fine print here as it relates to those who are traveling on the same ship and carry the same points as being household partners. Same ship, same date? No extra points. Although that doesn't solve the 'playing field" problem of couples who are cruising together not having any way at all to earn 3 points a night, even if in the RS, but a single in a JS or better will get those 3 points. Or they will earn the same 2 a night as the couple in the RS if they just book a $300 interior room?

Do you understand all I'm suggesting? Not that in the end I really care. I just think RCI has opened up a whole new can of worms.

Gina

I'm good with it;)

Gina

You make very valid points.

You can bet I will be checking single supplements on all future bookings. Two of everything is a good thing. No waiting for the bathroom. Talking connecting cabins here. As previously mentioned 2 solo balcony cabins for less than the price of one for double occupancy can be found. Rare but none the less out there.

I would think this should only apply when the full supplement or something very close is paid. Not 110%. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by looking4info

...Do you understand all I'm suggesting? Not that in the end I really care. I just think RCI has opened up a whole new can of worms.

Gina

Sure, I understand. Now you can buy more points if you want. Not that hard to imagine.

Edited by clarea

You make very valid points.

You can bet I will be checking single supplements on all future bookings. Two of everything is a good thing. No waiting for the bathroom. As previously mentioned 2 solo balcony cabins for less than the price of one for double occupancy can be found. Rare but none the less out there.

I would think this should only apply when the full supplement or something very close is paid. Not 110%. Just my 2 cents.

I agree with all of this.

I would gladly take 2 connecting balconies over a JS.

I guess the problem with paying the full single supplement would then be that those who qualify for the 150% wouldn't get the extra point and then they'd be mad. See? It will never stop with this new policy. Surely RCI must have thought about all the ways this system is going to be worked to the max. And they must really like running those overflow lounges because now that most ships have a CL and DL, they are going to once again not be large enough a lot sooner than we think.

Gina

I guess the problem with paying the full single supplement would then be that those who qualify for the 150% wouldn't get the extra point and then they'd be mad. See? It will never stop with this new policy. Surely RCI must have thought about all the ways this system is going to be worked to the max. And they must really like running those overflow lounges because now that most ships have a CL and DL, they are going to once again not be large enough a lot sooner than we think.

Gina

I agree with what you are saying. I would think there would be some kind of limitation, maybe extra points for those paying 150% or higher. That way those who have gotten to the 340 point level can still have the added points:)

I agree with what you are saying. I would think there would be some kind of limitation, maybe extra points for those paying 150% or higher. That way those who have gotten to the 340 point level can still have the added points:)

This is a better idea if they are going to continue the extra point program - that hasn't even been put in writing. :eek:

Gina

I agree with all of this.

I would gladly take 2 connecting balconies over a JS.

Gina

I would offer that the 150% is the full supplement for those who qualify.

I agree full overflow lounges must be their goal.

Now back to looking for some low single supplements.:D

Gina

Any system can be manipulated. The old system could easily be manipulated. The new systems could easily be manipulate and now this change allows for manipulation.

There is no perfect system.

BTW - Princess also gives double points to solo cruisers. So Royal Caribbean is not the first one to come up with this system.

Also, I doubt that people cruise for points. I'm not going to spend double the money just so I can get double the points. The airlines allow people who book air to pay extra for extra miles - I don't pay the extra.