Best beach for kids?

vega

I would highly recommend Blue Lagoon Island beach day. We have been thee three times, and a fourth time this November, with three young children, and it our favorite Nassau stop.

NCL prices this at $54 for adults, incl. Ferry and lunch. Use of inflatables in the water and beautiful beach for 4-5 hours.

You can see what is included and photos at their website http://bahamasbluelagoon.com.

By far our favorite thing to do near the end of the day is to watch the dolphins get fed, which is included in the day for no extra charge. Our three girls love to get close and watch them swim.

Hope that helps.

Hi, we're traveling on the Allure in November to Nassau with our 2 and 6 year old. Is there a beach, besides Paradise Island, that you would recommend?

THanks,

Lana

If you have budget concerns, Junkanoo Beach is free with very calm water for kids. Just a 15minute from the pier, stay to your right and it is just pass BC Hilton.

They have chair rentals, food and bathrooms. :)

Edited by runner15km

Thanks, we do have some budget constraints, but I'd rather go to a beach that's farther away from the cruise ship. Any other recommendations?

Thanks,

Lana

My 1st choice is Cabbage Beach on Paradise Beach but the beach has waves and a current. Beautiful beach but would not recommend for small children. Take a look at a Sheraton Day pass and take the local jitney.

http://www.sheratonnassau.com/day-pass

I agree with runner. Cabbage Beach isn't good for little children, unless they are just planning to play in the sand. The water can be way too rough.

Sheraton has a calm beach, plus 3 pools and water toys like floats. You might even consider booking a day room at Sheraton (instead of a day pass). It costs $99 for two people, plus a little more for up to two more people. Sorry, I can't remember exactly how much the extra people cost but I think it is $10. With the room, you'd have a place for the little one to take a nap and everyone could shower off before going back to the ship. That might be worth a few extra dollars.

Edited by CruisinCrow

Thanks for the ideas. Given that we'll only be on the island 7 am - 2 pm, we'd head back before nap time, so renting a room probably won't work.

I got intrigued by the Blue Lagoon idea but we're sailing with Royal Caribbean and it looks like the only tours they offer are ones that include the sea lion or dolphins and are $100+. :(

Any other ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
You could still get day passes at Sheraton. You don't have to get a room. The price is reasonable even if you're only there a few hours, especially since you won't need to buy lunch.

When you snorkel at the beach - would you see a lot of fishes?

• 3 months later...