New Promotion: Military Personnel can Book Up to Three Staterooms at Discounted Rates

New Promotion Allows Military Personnel to Book Up to Three Fun Ship Staterooms at Discounted Ratesspacer.gif07/08/2005 spacer.gifMIAMI (July 5, 2005) – Through a new month-long promotion from Carnival Cruise Lines, active and retired military personnel can book up to three "Fun Ship" staterooms at special discounted rates starting at just $209 per person.

Reservations must be made during the month of July to qualify for the promotion, which is available in conjunction with a variety of three- to eight-day "Fun Ship" departures between Sept. 15, 2005, and March 31, 2006.

Rates for three-day cruises start at $209 per person based on double occupancy; four-day cruises $229 per person; five-day cruises $289 per person; seven-day cruises $349 per person; and eight-day cruises $499 per person.

"This new promotion offers military personnel an opportunity to enjoy a ‘Fun Ship’ cruise with their friends and families at special discounted rates. It’s Carnival’s way of showing our thanks and appreciation to the men and women of the armed forces who bravely serve our country," said Bob Dickinson, Carnival president and CEO.

Promotion is capacity controlled and not applicable with any other discount offer. Valid for individual bookings only. Promotion is based on category 4A (interior) staterooms and does not include government fees or taxes.

Military personnel must be a member of the traveling party to qualify for the special rate. Fare code CPM3 must be requested during the reservations process. Proof of active military service required. Certain restrictions apply.

Carnival is the largest and most popular cruise line in the world, with a fleet of 20 "Fun Ships" operating voyages ranging from three to 16 days in length to the Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, New England and Europe.

The line currently has two 110,000-ton SuperLiners on order – Carnival Liberty, which is set to debut the line’s first-ever Mediterranean cruises July 20, 2005, and Carnival Freedom, scheduled for delivery in February 2007.

For additional information and reservations, contact any travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit www.carnival.com.

active and retired military personnel can book up to three "Fun Ship" staterooms at special discounted rates starting at just $209 per person.

Military personnel must be a member of the traveling party to qualify for the special rate. Fare code CPM3 must be requested during the reservations process. Proof of active military service required.[/QUOTE]
Promotion is based on category 4A (interior) staterooms and does not include government fees or taxes.

Which is it? Can you be retired or do you have to be active military? My father is a retired Naval serviceman.

Are there special prices for larger staterooms, or only the inside?

For our upcoming Liberty-- the military person had to be active. On some cruises it doesnt matter..as long as youhave a DD214. This is where it pays to call and ask.

That sounds very cool. I'm almost wondering if it might apply to our cruise, but then I'd hesitate to call my PVP and ask because:

1) I talk to him once a week anyway

2) I'm sure he's sick of me by now

3) It's for a 4A, and we booked with the military DISCOUNT and got an upgrade to an oceanview (portholes) on an upper (empress) deck

4) I think our base rate w/o fees and taxes was $259/pp, so maybe we'd only save $100 and then be stuck with an interior room

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... *pondering*;)

I just looked all over on the Carnival website and can't find notice of this anywhere. Anybody have a link to where it might be on the Carnival website?

I maintain an online support group for military wives and spouses and would love to share this information with them.

Thanks in advance!

I just looked all over on the Carnival website and can't find notice of this anywhere. Anybody have a link to where it might be on the Carnival website?

I maintain an online support group for military wives and spouses and would love to share this information with them.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/military_promotion.aspx

That sounds very cool. I'm almost wondering if it might apply to our cruise, but then I'd hesitate to call my PVP and ask because:

1) I talk to him once a week anyway

2) I'm sure he's sick of me by now

That's what he's there for!!

Archived