Solo Cruisers on 3-16-14 Allure of the Seas

laedw

It's still very early so just stay active in your roll call, attend the Meet & Greet, and suggest a informal sailaway gathering on the first day because this is a good way to find dinner mates the first night. Speak to the Maitre D on the first night to aks to be seated with other solo travelers.

I don't know about Royal but other lines (Carnival, NCL, Princess) do have solo gatherings and are listed in the ship's daily newsletter. These gatherings may be one or more nights. It varies. Each cruise line does it differently.

I'd post the question in the Royal main forum and ask if Royal actually has a host for their solo gathering. If they don't have a host, then be prepared for a poor event/turnout, and be prepared to take the initiative and go around asking everyone at the venue if they are there for the solo gathering or not.

At nearly every solo gathering that I've attended where there isn't a host, rarely anyone shows up or stays maybe because they can't tell who's part of the gathering, just leave, or have trouble breaking the ice. Now,I meet most people through the Roll Call and Meet & Greet with the exception of the Norwegian Breakaway/Epic and newer NCL ships that do have a host who organizes daily activities and where solos meet up every evening in their private studio lounge.

Good luck and bon voyage.

Thank you so much for the suggestions! I am registered on the Roll Call but when I posted this question, I did not get a response. Nevertheless, I will attend the Meet and Greet and be sure to ask to be seated with other solos in the dining room. :)

Thank you so much for the suggestions! I am registered on the Roll Call but when I posted this question, I did not get a response. Nevertheless, I will attend the Meet and Greet and be sure to ask to be seated with other solos in the dining room. :)

You're welcome. Btw I ended up posting the question myself on the RCI forum because I want to know too, and there is "one or two" solo gatherings. Here's the thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1932160

Someone replied "There is only one or 2 Solo Gatherings scheduled depending on the length of cruise which includes all ages scheduled and believe may be unhosted. Day, Time and Place is posted in the Daily Compass. Personally don't attend them and think attendance on RCCL is also low."

Don't let the lack of responses on your roll call deter you, I'm sure you'll

meet other solos on your sailing. I always meet many, sometimes they

didn't even start out as solos.

As your cruise gets closer, many more may book. Lately, the single rate

has been very tempting. They do have solo get togethers on Royal ships,

however, I never attended so I have no idea about them.

One cruise, there were get togethers almost every day. I'll take a look at

my last compasses to see how often they were held.

o.k...I checked my compasses. On the Sept 29th to Oct 6th Bermuda

sailing, a singles mingle was held everyday. It was held at 4:00p.m

everyday except Day1 when it was held at 11:30 pm.

Kyle, sorry I couldn't provide an answer to your specific questions. I'll be

leaving in 2 weeks, and I'll make an effort to attend so I can let you know

what to expect

Archived