First Timers on the Rhapsody w/questions

shan&steve

Hi all!

This board has been an absolute GODSEND. I am so glad to have you! With that being said, I have a few questions that I am hoping those of you who have sailed on the Rhapsody can answer.

1) Can my husband rent a tux onboard even though we aren't getting married?

2) I know I can't bring an iron onboard, but can I bring a portable steamer?

3) Are we limited on how much luggage to bring aboard?

Well, now that I've started this I can't remember any more of the millions of questions that were churning in my brain last night. If I think of more I will post them.

Thanks so much!!

Shannon

Welcome! You will ove the Rhapsody. She is an awesome ship. I can't answer all of your questions, but here goes. Yes, you can rent a tux once on board. You can also do it ahead of time and it will be waiting for you in the closet. They are nice. The order form on RCCL is easy to understand. We went to a local tux shop in town and my husband and sons got measured. The tuxes fit great. The main problem is my youngest son was 13 yo and he has very short arms, but I take a small sewing kit and was able to hem them for the nights. My oldest son's shoes were a little big, but not enough to worry about, since right after dinner he changed into shorts and t-shirt.

I don't know about the steamer. We were lucky, I guess, because our clothes did not wrinkle very bad and hanging them helped to remove the wrinkles.

I don't know about the luggage. I think you can have as many as you like, but you will find out you really don't need alot. You will probably pack too much. Remember to count in the t-shirts or other clothes you will be buying. We will be sailing on the Rhapsody this Christmas for 10 nights and plan on 2 large bags, 1 medium bag, 3 dive bags, 1 soft sided cooler on wheels, 1 or 2 garment bags, and 4 camelbacks for 4 of us at the most.

Mix and match clothes and you can always wear them again. The main thing to remember is to relax, realize that something "bad" may happpen (missed port, people, whatever it maybe), and have fun. The Rhapsody is wonderful and the crew will make you feel at home.

Hola,

I don't know about the rules on steamers, but we took one. Tuxes are no problem, just order early to be sure of a good fit, and Miss Ginger had 6 pieces of luggage, plus 2 carryons and we were ok. The only problem is finding enough room in your cabin to store your luggage.

Archived