The Pride Appreciation Thread

richraven

Since the Pride will not be sailing out of Baltimore after November 2014 I wanted to start this thread for people to post their experiences both good and bad sailing from the Port of Baltimore. This will probably be my last cruise on Carnival unless they return. My lasting memory will be when I booked a cruise when my son was about 18 months old and couldn't really use camp Carnival and both me and my wife were both in bed by 8 because of his schedule...lol. He was also miserable and hardly ate we think because maybe he was seasick. We took him last year and it was totally a wonderful experience. Please share your experiences......

I'm anxious to experience the Pride. We are booked on that Nov. 30, 2014 sailing.

Those of us on the Roll Call for that sailing have named it;

"Pride's Swan Song."

Come on over and join the Roll Call if you would like to. So far, there are not many of us, but we are all excited.

Since the Pride will not be sailing out of Baltimore after November 2014 I wanted to start this thread for people to post their experiences both good and bad sailing from the Port of Baltimore. This will probably be my last cruise on Carnival unless they return. My lasting memory will be when I booked a cruise when my son was about 18 months old and couldn't really use camp Carnival and both me and my wife were both in bed by 8 because of his schedule...lol. He was also miserable and hardly ate we think because maybe he was seasick. We took him last year and it was totally a wonderful experience. Please share your experiences......

How old is your son now?

Carnival Pride from Baltimore was my second Carnival cruise and my first on the Spirit Class ships. It has become a favorite cruise in my memory.

Arriving at the port, parking, and embarkation were all as smooth as they could be; a good start. Service, cuisine, entertainment, and crew met my expectations. Sailing from the Port of Baltimore was scenic with sailing under the two bridges a plus. Watching at night as we sailed into the ocean from Hampton Roads by the Bay-Bridge Tunnel complex was a highlight. Disembarkation, getting to the car and leaving the port area was again as smooth and easy as it could be.

An excellent cruise on an extremely nice ship!

Carnival Pride from Baltimore was my second Carnival cruise and my first on the Spirit Class ships. It has become a favorite cruise in my memory.

Arriving at the port, parking, and embarkation were all as smooth as they could be; a good start. Service, cuisine, entertainment, and crew met my expectations. Sailing from the Port of Baltimore was scenic with sailing under the two bridges a plus. Watching at night as we sailed into the ocean from Hampton Roads by the Bay-Bridge Tunnel complex was a highlight. Disembarkation, getting to the car and leaving the port area was again as smooth and easy as it could be.

Wow nice rkacruiser....We watch the Pride sail under the Bay Bridge and it looked like we would hit it. i believe the clearance is about a foot.

Edited by richraven

Totally agree with everything you said. It was our favorite cruise- I love the Pride and would like to do a cruise on it in April.

I have been on the explorer of the seas, the carnival destiny, the carnical dream and the carnival pride. I will be on the pride again over new years. For me she was my favorite. Best getting on and off experience ever. The Pride shows a little wear but I still liked her better than all the others. I am a Spirit Class fan. I also thought she had the best crew.

My first cruise experience was aboard the Pride. Ive since sailed on Glory and then again on Pride. It was like coming back to a comfortable vacation home going back to her the second time. Going to miss being able to drive to baltimore and hopping on a ship.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

We've sailed twice on the Pride in summers of 2010 and 2011, and plan to take a "swan cruise" also in September 2014. Will definitely miss her being so close.We're not sure we'd sail on her out of Tampa, as we've so many other cruise options we want to explore, but damn we'll miss at least the option of her being available almost any time, just 45 minutes away!!! But we totally enjoyed both time we've sailed on Pride. In 2011 we did a family cruise with the grand kiddies....awesome good time with them and rest of family. We're holding out slim hope the Pride may come back to Baltimore.

Funny enough though, my initial reaction when my wife suggested sailing out of B'more (to avoid flying of course, which she hates) was one of...now what fun will it be sailing down the east coast to reach the Caribbean. Boy was I wrong!!!! On a Fathers day Sunday we spent the day at the Inner Harbor in Baltimore...I took one look at the Pride in port, I was like...wait a minute..sail down the Chesapeake Bay..pass under and over 3 bridges...then sail 2 days to Carribbean..whats not to like about that?!?!....That was June of 2010...In July of 2010 we were doing just that..sailing down the east coast...and LOVING it. We're kicking ourselves for not sailing on Pride again this past summer.

I got married on the Pride last year - she holds a very special place in my heart. While the cruise itinerary wasn't the most fantastic, we had a wonderful time both on the ship and in port. I will actually be sailing on her again in a few weeks and can't wait to get on board!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I remember when she debuted in 2001 and there were so many reviews about the scandalous nude art work everywhere!

I sailed Pride when my kids were 11 and 12. My 11 y/o son got a kick out of all the nudity--"it's everywhere!" We went to David's, the steakhouse, and had a marvelous time! That was when they had the live music and dancing and he danced with me and then with his sister.

Two years later we took a land tour in Europe and when we saw the original statue of David he said "just like on the Pride!"

Tampa is losing the Legend and we will be getting the Pride. We'll make sure to take good care of her!

I just got off the PRIDE out of Baltimore. We took a cab there wand that was very easy, also getting a cab from the terminal is also very easy. the cabs will already be lined up waiting for people when you get off the boat.

When we arrived at the terminal we had to wait in large waiting area until boarding began,

If you have FTTF, pay attention to the signed of where to sit, because the workers there may just assume what type of boarding you have. Example, we had FTTF, so we followed the signed to the FTTF area, as we were walking down the ales the signed said go to the left for FTTF/ Priority boarding and go to the Right for regular boarding. A staff member was directing people to go to the right, but we turned left (right behind an older couple), she immediately stop me and said "regular boarding is this way" I said "i'm not regular boarding" "she asked to see my ticket, then let me go

Also in the waiting area you are not allowed to take pictures, the security guard told us this, but some people "didn't hear him" Every time someone tried to take a picture he would come over and tell them to stop, he got ticked off after e few times

If you have small children you may want to pack you tablet or toys, and juice in your carry on, for the wait.

The comedy shows are really good, and fill up quickly. if you don't arrive early you might have to stand