NCL Escape

RMS Olympic

Actually, while it says you can book, the site is stating "No Results -

No results found" when you attempt to book and has been like this since yesterday..

Hopefully it will be back up soon.

Previous thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2023154

I booked a November 2015 sailing out of Miami on Escape almost two weeks ago. The system works fine! :D

I've never booked a cruise this far out!!! But I sailed the Breakaway in May 2013 and the Getaway in February 2014 and can't wait to try the Escape! Anxious to see the changes they made. Sailed both times with my sister and will do this one together too.

I wrote a review of both sailings but can't post them here. If anyone wants to see email me at kates@me.com.

Hopefully we will get a Meet and Mingle going!

Right there with 'ya! Last Friday we booked the Escape for February of 2016. Yep....you read it right - SIXTEEN! :eek:

I just keep telling myself a lot of the fun is the planning and anticipation....right??!?!?!!! ;)

The cruise consultant on the BA indicated last month that it looked like NCL would be expanding, perhaps in 2015, but surely by 2017 to go to Australia and/or asia.

Either of these would be the best news ever!!

Actually, while it says you can book, the site is stating "No Results -

No results found" when you attempt to book and has been like this since yesterday..

Hopefully it will be back up soon.

I just tried to book & it's only offering the inaugural sailing from London online. :(

Now, I read the other thread. Booooo, I missed out before. I guess I'll just check every day now. ;)

Edited by ttnc4me

It's strange, in that, the Caribbean cruises can be booked through some of the online TA's but on the NCL site the Escape cruises don't even come up when you select Caribbean cruises, anytime, any ports...there she is, Not there! :p she's Escaped. :eek:

The Transatlantic cruise site comes up fine and you book that cruise no problem... really weird...:confused:

Edited by B6ConMe

It's strange, in that, the Caribbean cruises can be booked through some of the online TA's but on the NCL site the Escape cruises don't even come up when you select Caribbean cruises, anytime, any ports...there she is, Not there! :p she's Escaped. :eek:

The Transatlantic cruise site comes up fine and you book that cruise no problem... really weird...:confused:

Probably a (un?)intended mishap between the NCL site and the booking engine (Amadeus). Wpuld explain why others do have the results of Amadeus, so it must be open/bookable.

Probably a (un?)intended mishap between the NCL site and the booking engine (Amadeus). Wpuld explain why others do have the results of Amadeus, so it must be open/bookable.

Yes, definitely open for booking, just not through NCL's website. And you could, very well, be correct about the systems, intentional or not.

I'm sure it'll be back up on NCL's site soon, no panic necessary !:eek:

It's not like the cruises are starting tomorrow :p

Safe cruising,

• 2 weeks later...
Any new news about Escape?

No new news released.

Something I had not seen before.

Norwegian Escape will also be the first new build in the cruise industry to feature innovative scrubber technology, to ensure the vessel is compliant with the 0.1% sulphur limit in Emission Control Areas (ECA) beginning in 2015.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I've never booked a cruise this far out!!! But I sailed the Breakaway in May 2013 and the Getaway in February 2014 and can't wait to try the Escape! Anxious to see the changes they made. Sailed both times with my sister and will do this one together too.

I wrote a review of both sailings but can't post them here. If anyone wants to see email me at kates@me.com.

Hopefully we will get a Meet and Mingle going!

Did you prefer on ship over the other?

We are currently booked on a H9 Spa suite and considering upgrading to an H5 to be right next to the Haven. According to the description of the Haven Penthouses the size of the cabin ranges from 328 - 540 sq ft. (see below). Are the ones with over 500 sq ft the handicapped accessible cabins?

The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony

Spacious and amazing. Floor-to-ceiling windows bring the spectacular views to you. Plus the personal service of a concierge and 24-hour certified butler makes sure every whim comes true.

Floor Plan

Features & Highlights

Access to The Haven Courtyard, private balcony, luxurious décor, king-size bed.

Occupancy Up to 3 guests

Approx. Size 328-540 sq ft

Just booked Jan 2 - 9th 2016 !!:D

Only our 2nd ever cruise ( the NCL spirit last week was first ) and we loved it so much we have booked again. taking my parents on their first ever cruise and booked them a balcony deck 13 and we have 2 x inside cabins deck 13 for us and the kids 16, 12, 11. The price was pretty good and with onboard credit we just coudn't refuse;)

Having spent less than 20 minutes a day in our cabins on the spirit over 9 days I don't see the point of a suite or am I missing something as a new cruiser ?

We are doing 2 weeks orlando over xmas and new year then the cruise and we are so excited already !

being from the uk and first timers from Miami do you think that there will be many kids onboard at that time ?

The choice was the Escape or the carnival glory west Caribbean and I am pretty sure we have chosen wisely but thoughts appreciated please

many thanks

Andrew, Tina & kids

Edited by tutter2

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if it's true, but our Cabin Steward on the Breakaway last week said that one of the changes on the Escape will be the return of a taller atrium.

Would love to book her transatlantic. What are all of those sea days like? Are there additional activities available during the day since there are no ports?

I don't know if it's true, but our Cabin Steward on the Breakaway last week said that one of the changes on the Escape will be the return of a taller atrium.

That would be nice! I can't wait until they start releasing more info!!

We are currently booked on a H9 Spa suite and considering upgrading to an H5 to be right next to the Haven. According to the description of the Haven Penthouses the size of the cabin ranges from 328 - 540 sq ft. (see below). Are the ones with over 500 sq ft the handicapped accessible cabins?

The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony

Spacious and amazing. Floor-to-ceiling windows bring the spectacular views to you. Plus the personal service of a concierge and 24-hour certified butler makes sure every whim comes true.

Floor Plan

Features & Highlights

Access to The Haven Courtyard, private balcony, luxurious décor, king-size bed.

Occupancy Up to 3 guests

Approx. Size 328-540 sq ft

The H5 is in the Haven (assuming NCL keeps it the same as Epic, Breakaway, and Getaway) ... I'm pretty sure that's what you meant, but you said you wanted to be right next to The Haven, so I just wanted to clarify ;) The 540 sq ft H5 is the handicapped ones.

Edited by SissasMomE