3rd passenger a "maybe"

crazzzielady

So booking Carnival Breeze...2 connecting cabins 3/3 occupancy...what if one of the people cannot commit come time for final payment? Do we LOSE the connecting rooms b/c of occupancy restrictions?

I need a professional travel agent to answer please- don't want to take any chances b/c they MUST connect

thank you!!!

So booking Carnival Breeze...2 connecting cabins 3/3 occupancy...what if one of the people cannot commit come time for final payment? Do we LOSE the connecting rooms b/c of occupancy restrictions?

I need a professional travel agent to answer please- don't want to take any chances b/c they MUST connect

thank you!!!

I do not know. :o

But have you called Carnival - or whoever you booked through - to ask?? Not sure I'd trust the answer from an anonymous message board! :cool:

If they need it for a threesome they will move you...and that's up to the sail date. (Read the fine print.......)

I'm not a travel professional....but that's the way it works.

I think the exception would be if minors are involved.

As suggested....consult Carnival, and get it in writing.

I've booked a cabin for 3 with 2 people for the same reason. Once, the third person booked in time but the PVP said we were about to be moved if thst person hadn't booked. The second time, we were offered a cheap upsell and took it because the third person was not going to go.

thank you!!!

If you need a professional travel agent to answer then you are best off finding one. Check your local city or do a web search. An anonymous message board is not really what you are looking for.

....of couse there is always the option of booking - and paying for - the 3rd even if they end up being a no show.

THAT would guarantee that you get the cabins and would not be moved! ;)

Most logical solution at this time. I see in your older postings there are 3 children involved (I assume that is your dilemma).

I always get confused with this two/three person stuff. If the room has a sofa isn't it automatically a three person room?

I am concerned because we are a large party and some people were going solo so I booked some children in their rooms to avoid paying the single supplement but the children will be staying in their parents room. I didn't think I would have a problem because I thought all rooms were able to sleep three.

I always get confused with this two/three person stuff. If the room has a sofa isn't it automatically a three person room?

I am concerned because we are a large party and some people were going solo so I booked some children in their rooms to avoid paying the single supplement but the children will be staying in their parents room. I didn't think I would have a problem because I thought all rooms were able to sleep three.

That is not the case. Some cabins have sofas but they can't be turned into beds. The rooms will be marked on the deck plan if they have enough beds for 3 or 4 people.

That is not the case. Some cabins have sofas but they can't be turned into beds. The rooms will be marked on the deck plan if they have enough beds for 3 or 4 people.

True.

Beds are one issue....and life jackets are the second!

Cabins are equipped with life jackets for their max capacity - so that could also be an issue if they are putting kids in to rooms for 2. :/

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Call Carnival to ask don't trust any answer on here.

Call Carnival? You won't get the same answer twice.

OP, don't have an answer other than maybe yes, maybe no, but if you cancel, cancel at the last possible moment before fees are incurred.

We had adjoining triple to a double with only one person in it, a child. We held our breath that there was no cabin change, and it never happened.

It depends when you're sailing.

If a sailing is capacity controlled, they won't even let you book only 2 guests in a triple room.

Some sailings are more popular than others and Carnival will start moving guests around if they think they can sell more berths.

Having said that, I've sailed plenty of times in a triple (once in a quad) all by myself.

There is no guarantee that you will not be moved. So, I would go ahead and book the 3rd person and maybe cancel later.

It depends when you're sailing.

If a sailing is capacity controlled, they won't even let you book only 2 guests in a triple room.

Some sailings are more popular than others and Carnival will start moving guests around if they think they can sell more berths.

Having said that, I've sailed plenty of times in a triple (once in a quad) all by myself.

There is no guarantee that you will not be moved. So, I would go ahead and book the 3rd person and maybe cancel later.

I travel solo and have booked a triple cabin a few times like you, so it can be done.

Archived