Nautica review

mpfund

Awed23 -- I don't know who the general mgr was. The dining room mgr was a very energetic, slight, dark haired man. He was constantly in motion and did a terrific job.

Paulchili -- H-L is a very different experience from a US line. We were on what was advertised as a bilingual cruise -- we were it! They translated the menus and made announcements in English just for us. The ship was lovely with great cabins. The food was the best I have ever had at sea. But it is very formal, set dining hours and table for dinner. It is also very dressy. Most of the staff spoke English, most of the passengers did not. If you want to dress up and you speak German it would be a good fit.

Paulchili -- H-L is a very different experience from a US line. We were on what was advertised as a bilingual cruise -- we were it! They translated the menus and made announcements in English just for us. The ship was lovely with great cabins. The food was the best I have ever had at sea. But it is very formal, set dining hours and table for dinner. It is also very dressy. Most of the staff spoke English, most of the passengers did not. If you want to dress up and you speak German it would be a good fit.

Thank you.

That was my impression and, FWIW, it would be a TERRIBLE fit for us (for all the reasons mentioned - and then some) :D

We'll gladly stay with Oceania.

I've just posted my review of our recent Nautica Black Sea trip. It's not as detailed as I would have liked (jet lag), so just ask if you have questions.

How can I see the review? How do I find it? I'm on the Cruise Critic APP.

Archived