Recommendations wanted on best menu items in Blu

cruiserchuck

We agree that Blu makes AQ worth the extra fare. We also enjoy the cold soups, which we never tried on Celebrity until we read here that many people enjoyed them. We also like the fact that in Blu, the hot soup garnishments are added at the table, so they are not soggy.

I can't believe what a difference Blu made for us in enjoying cruising, we really did not look forward to dinner time in the past, but now I'm really looking forward to it! It's the difference between banquet food, & an actual restaurant.

For me the Onion soup and the Escargot were great. I love cold soups, but 2 I had in Blu tasted liked grass. As to the meat loaf, really bad. We are back in Aqua in May 2014. We will be check the menu in Blu each day to decide where to eat. Last cruise we ate once in Select Dining. Richard

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with the cold soups, I loved them all. As for tasting like grass, I didn't notice this, however, a couple of my favorite beers have a very distinctive "meadow" like aroma, which I really enjoy. :D

My DH thought the meatloaf ( yes, I know!) was great. He even asked for it the next evening and they brought it out for him. He knew it was a left over but said it was just as good the second night. I usually asked for fresh fruit for desserts and it was readily available. The soups were all very good.

I was on a back to back cruise in Blu. On the first cruise I tried a flank steak instead of meatloaf, it was the only entree on the entire 12 day cruise that I did not like, the next cruise I decided to try the meatloaf. It was delicious, one of the best meals I had.

Another item that I loved is the molasses bread. It was so good, I could not stop eating it.

Stan:cool:

Thanks for the responses.

Two in our group, who have not eaten in Blu before, are thinking about going to the MDR on nights when special items such as lobster and crab are served. Does anyone know if you can order MDR items in Blu? I recall that you can order dessert items, but I am not sure about main courses.

The lobster is served in the last formal night; in the MDR they serve a half of lobster tail + one shrimp.

In Blu they serve a whole tail, wonderfully presented.

After lunch they post the dinner menus in front of the restaurants' doors,

check them out then decide where to eat.

Archived