Celebrity transfer from/to LAX

edgeman61

DW and I are taking a Pacific Coastal cruise on the Century in April 2014 and were wondering if Celebrity offers transfers from LAX to the pier and from the pier to LAX at the end of the cruise.

When looking at our online reservation it is saying that there are no transfers available (I hope that means not available YET).

We are taking a very early flight in the day of sailing, should be arriving at LAX about 9:00AM hoping the transfer time to the port is not too bad (more worried now about the time to get back to LAX to make our return flight ~12:30PM).

Thanks for any information.

You should be fine!! Unless your incoming flight gets delayed, or for some reason disembarkation it's delayed. Drive time should be 30 to 45 minutes depending on traffic. You may know this already, you need to be at airport at least two hours ahead, security lines can be long. I don't know where you are flying from, but have you considered flying into Long Beach Airport?

DW and I are taking a Pacific Coastal cruise on the Century in April 2014 and were wondering if Celebrity offers transfers from LAX to the pier and from the pier to LAX at the end of the cruise.

When looking at our online reservation it is saying that there are no transfers available (I hope that means not available YET).

We are taking a very early flight in the day of sailing, should be arriving at LAX about 9:00AM hoping the transfer time to the port is not too bad (more worried now about the time to get back to LAX to make our return flight ~12:30PM).

You may want to consider Super Shuttle or Prime Time Shuttle. They are reliable and cheaper than the cruise line.

Transfers through Celebrity are RIDICULOUSLY over priced, be they in Rome, Miami, Barcelona, Fort Lauderdale, London, or LA.

If you take them you will pay right at double compared to what you can get a private car or limo for, and about 4 times what you can share a pre arranged van with fellow cruisers on your roll call.

I would look at a couple of options which

Super Shuttle and you can just go to their web site http://www.supershuttle.com

Or a private car. Super Shuttle has a subsidiary called Execucar which we've used and you can also see what their rates will be. Their site is http://www.execucar.com

Your 12:30 PM flight will be fine the day you disembark.

I am not big on flying in the day of the cruise and in the future would recommend that you consider flying in a day before the cruise.

Keith

Archived