Which is better? Carnival or Royal Caribbean?

happyprecious

Royal Caribbean is better. Hands down. Sadly, they are more expensive as well.

Not if you look around. Going on Allure in late January for seven nights in an outside room for 569.00 plus tax. Going on Freedom of the Seas later in 2014, promenade room for 7 nights for 369.00 plus tax. :)

Not if you look around. Going on Allure in late January for seven nights in an outside room for 569.00 plus tax.

Although those are awesome prices for the Allure, Carnival has 7 night cruises out of Miami for the same time period starting at $399 for an outside room. I still haven't seen Allure/Oasis priced lower than anything Carnival on the same exact week, and similar itinerary.

Although those are awesome prices for the Allure, Carnival has 7 night cruises out of Miami for the same time period starting at $399 for an outside room. I still haven't seen Allure/Oasis priced lower than anything Carnival on the same exact week, and similar itinerary.

Oh, but they can not compare to the big girls of RC. ;) Just the shows will blow you away..:)

Oh, but they can not compare to the big girls of RC. ;) Just the shows will blow you away..:)

Oh I agree. Not only the shows, but EVERYTHING was amazing.

What our 17 month old paid as a 3rd guest in a Boardwalk window stateroom on the Allure was what we paid as 1st/2nd in a Balcony stateroom on the Dream. And it was worth every single penny.

If given the choice of paying $399 for the Conquest/Glory, or $569 for the Allure/Oasis, I'd definitely book the Allure. No questions asked!

Not if you look around. Going on Allure in late January for seven nights in an outside room for 569.00 plus tax. Going on Freedom of the Seas later in 2014, promenade room for 7 nights for 369.00 plus tax. :)

Easy to cherry pick rates. Think the same is true month after month on balcony rooms?

Shows would not blow me away, don't go. Certainly would not go if I had to request a seat in advance.

Then go ahead and sit in your room and watch the tv feeds from Denver. You are in a very, very small minority- people who don't want to see spectacular shows.

You don't have to reserve seats. However, you can. You reserve your shows and guess what? You show up minutes before and you get a seat. No rush, no stress, no lines.

Try that with the comedy room on CCL. Do you enjoy waiting in a long line? Do you like having to show up 30 minutes before the show to try to find a seat? I guess you do, but again, you are the minority. I think most people prefer to not wait.I have better things to do than wait in a crowded line but to each their own.

As for what CCL calls "shows", they have made them so crappy that there is no reason to have reservations.

I find it funny that the same week I was the Allure, a coworker was on the Dream and said that the only entertainment one night was to watch the movie "Chicago" on the lido deck. That same week, I saw the full production show of Chicago, with full band, on the Allure.

One line gives you a full show, the other puts in an old $5 dvd for people to watch on an old large screen with dead pixels. Pretty obvious which one delivers the entertainment.

Then go ahead and sit in your room and watch the tv feeds from Denver. You are in a very, very small minority- people who don't want to see spectacular shows.

You don't have to reserve seats. However, you can. You reserve your shows and guess what? You show up minutes before and you get a seat. No rush, no stress, no lines.

Try that with the comedy room on CCL. Do you enjoy waiting in a long line? Do you like having to show up 30 minutes before the show to try to find a seat? I guess you do, but again, you are the minority. I think most people prefer to not wait.I have better things to do than wait in a crowded line but to each their own.

As for what CCL calls "shows", they have made them so crappy that there is no reason to have reservations.

I find it funny that the same week I was the Allure, a coworker was on the Dream and said that the only entertainment one night was to watch the movie "Chicago" on the lido deck. That same week, I saw the full production show of Chicago, with full band, on the Allure.

One line gives you a full show, the other puts in an old $5 dvd for people to watch on an old large screen with dead pixels. Pretty obvious which one delivers the entertainment.

Don't forget, Carnival offers comedy shows that are quite spectacular.

Our choice of cruise line! We bought it, therefore it has to be better than any other cruise line, otherwise, we would be spending our money stupidly. Thus we defend our decision. So, being folks who sail both, we must have split personalities.

I like the food, I hate the food, I hate the shows, I love the shows, I want DJ at the pool deck, I want a live band at the pool deck..etc.etc.etc.etc

a coworker was on the Dream and said that the only entertainment one night was to watch the movie "Chicago" on the lido deck. delivers the entertainment.

What?!?!

I have never been on a cruise with Carnival or on any other line for that matter that just had a movie for the nights entertainment...:confused:

You've got to be out of your mind if you think that someone (besides yourself) would actually believe this.:eek:

Other than third hand info, when did you sail Carnival

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

Then go ahead and sit in your room and watch the tv feeds from Denver. You are in a very, very small minority- people who don't want to see spectacular shows.[/vQUOTE]spectacular shows? So there is only two things to do, watch tv or a show? You are a funny person

V

I would have said "Thank you for enlightening me". In fact, I will.

Dclark, thank you for that information.

Why would I thank somebody for nothing ? You would thank her as you two are from the same ilk. Btw, if I wanted to see a broadway show I would go Broadway.

I have cruised twice with Royal Caribbean and once with P&O and now looking at Carnival. Can anyone tell me who has been on Carnival and Royal Caribbean some comparisons? Is Carnival better? Drink prices? What currency is used on board Carnival?

Thanks for any other info you can share.

They're different. One is better for some, the other is better for others. The only way you'd know which is best for you is to sail both and decide.

Heck, you might love 'em both.

Why do people have to love just one?

Uh, not quite. Three tries, three walk outs.

Mmmm, lets see. 3 cruises this year, comedy shows packed for every show. Guess I will throw I'm not quite back at you.

They're different. One is better for some, the other is better for others. The only way you'd know which is best for you is to sail both and decide.

Heck, you might love 'em both.

Why do people have to love just one?

Trying oasis in march.

Archived