seen blue man before and cirque de soleil...should we see them again?

ginger123snaps

BMG on Epic is free of charge, only the cirque dinner show has fee but that's because it's considered to be speciality dining as it combines dinner and entertainment (we were happy with the food, some others say that it's not good - different strokes for different folks).

Also, while the show has similar kind of performances, it has nothing to do with Cirque du Soleil from Canada, there was just another thread about it:

[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1924720[/url]

We loved Blue Man and since it's free, why not go?

The Cirque show (even if it was the same as land based) is still going to be different. Different atmosphere (the limited space they have in there and what they can do with it is just amazing), performers, and show/routine. :)

[quote name='ginger123snaps']We saw blue man group years ago in vegas and we have seen a couple of the cirque de soleil shows in vegas also. Is it worth paying to see these shows on the boat?[/quote]

You don't have to pay for Blue Man Group and Cirque you are paying for the specialty dinner more than the show.

The cirque show is very different than what you see in Vegas. Small venue, more feats of skill than a story/production. It's worth seeing IMO. Blue Man is very similar to the vegas show (or at least used to be). But its free and still a good time

[quote name='ginger123snaps']We saw blue man group years ago in vegas and we have seen a couple of the cirque de soleil shows in vegas also. Is it worth paying to see these shows on the boat?[/QUOTE]

Only you can determine if it will be "worth" seeing the shows again. For some people, seeing something once is enough. For others....they love seeing repeat performances.

I'm thinking that your best advice is going to come from people who have actually sailed the Epic more than once AND who have seen these shows more than once. Having experieced the situation, they will be in the best position to advise you.

[SIZE="1"](Sorry that I can't help as I'm one of the people who has only seen the shows once:o)[/SIZE]

We haven't seen BMG other than on the ship, so I can't advise on that (other than we loved it, and its free, so why not?)

We've seen probably 8 Cirque shows (at least 3 of them in Vegas) and its definitely a different show than any of the others (they're all similar as in they usually have a couple flying thru the air in cloth ribbons or strength acts, but different shows with different 'stories'). If you love other Cirque shows, you'll probably love this one as well. I wouldn't suggest paying the premium price, as any seat you sit in you will miss SOMETHING going on. But other than that, I'd suggest it!

Archived