walking to cabana on Labadee

kathyemma

We are sailing over Thanksgiving with my Mom. My mom is NOT in a wheel chair but can not walk long distances or stand for more than a few minutes. I got a cabana because if she got hot and wanted out of the sun she could sit in the cabana with the fan and the attendant could get her drinks (and I could do the zip line). I understand there is a tram that will take her near the cabanas. Any one have a clue as to how close the cabanas are to the tram stop? To give you an idea she can walk from than the handicap parking spot of the grocery store to the entrance. At that point she needs to hold onto a cart. Yes, I know she should use a walker or a cane - but she is old and stubborn.

Is there a certain (Nellies Beach) cabana that is easier for her to access the water? Any with a handrail??

Thanks

Kathy

We have rented a Nellie's cabana on the beach. The tram took us right to the cabana. If you want to go shopping, the attendent will call the tram and they will take you to the shopping area. Enjoy!

Walking from the ship to the tram is quite a distance if I remember correctly. You may be able to make arrangements to have her picked up at the ship. I would certainly ask.

She will need assitance. They have wheelchairs for use on Labadee with really big tires to navigate in the sand - exactly there for people like your Mom. Go to Guest services before you get to Labadee and explain the situation, they will be more than glad to help you.

If you look at the map below, you will see that it's quite the walk (more than the distance from the handicap spots to a store front) to just the main gate, and then a little further to get to the hut where you check in (cabana renters).

LAB2-vi.jpg

Handrails and a ramp are between Cabanas #9 and #10. The ramp goes right down to the water's edge and the handrails are on both sides. Try calling the "Accessible Department" at RCI and see if you can still be assigned either of these cabanas. Enjoy your day at Labadee.

Handrails and a ramp are between Cabanas #9 and #10. The ramp goes right down to the water's edge and the handrails are on both sides. Try calling the "Accessible Department" at RCI and see if you can still be assigned either of these cabanas. Enjoy your day at Labadee.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived