Taking food off the ship?

lexi belle

I have seen folks take food off the ship and personally think they are tight. You are on holiday after all. Same sort of folks who boast about finding places to have free water on board.

I am on holiday to enjoy myself, not penny pinch.

I always take sandwiches if we're off for a full day, unless we've been specifically told the port won't allow it. I never like spending time shopping/eating when I could be sightseeing.

As for being "tight", huh? Money is money - no different when you're on holiday or when you're not - and there's no point paying for something that's free. (And I've never heard of anyone boasting of finding a place to have free water - all cabins have bathrooms nowadays, so it isn't really difficult. ;))

I always take sandwiches if we're off for a full day, unless we've been specifically told the port won't allow it. I never like spending time shopping/eating when I could be sightseeing.

As for being "tight", huh? Money is money - no different when you're on holiday or when you're not - and there's no point paying for something that's free. (And I've never heard of anyone boasting of finding a place to have free water - all cabins have bathrooms nowadays, so it isn't really difficult. ;))

We can agree to disagree on this one!!! I love visiting new places and eating in new places - appreciate we are all different!

Re the water - - the post is out there!

" I never like spending time shopping/eating when I could be sightseeing."

I agree with you re: wasting time eating. I would rather have a packed lunch than go to a restaurant and spend an hour there when I could be sight seeing etc.. I read a cruise blog a while back and the person seemed to go from bar to bar or restaurant to restaurant. I've seen people step off the ship and straight away go to a cafe or some such. I can't understand that myself, seems such a waste. I've generally taken a drink of water to keep me hydrated and sometimes a banana or fruit.

Neither can I understand the thing about the "free" water - apart from the bathroom water, isn't it available 24 hours a day in the buffet? so no need to search it out.

I am just glad to have a break from all the food onboard:D besides it is nice to have a local coffee or glass of wine. Haven't seen anyone make up sandwiches etc. I thought it was a bit of a no no.

Same here, I am quite content to miss lunch whilst ashore to give my stomach a rest. I just have a big buffet brekkie - full English variety, before going ashore.

On Arcadia last year, Sydney-Southampton, more than a few British pax were hit with fines, taking food off the ship at places like Melbourne, Adelaide, Fremantle. Fair enough too, they were warned.

Archived