Five star rates

hulamoon

Hmmm..I used to have go to websites that would tell me which categories were five star rates so I could easily see what my upgrade options are.

For several days I have been willing to pay a little more to get a little more except I keep getting told the rates are not five star, so I will have to give up all promotions to upgrade.

One website uses the word standard rate, so I thought that would be five star, but I am told no, it is not. Does anyone know where to find the five star rates published? It is not on our sailing on the Celebrity website.

New bookings can buy guarantees and end up in very high categories, such as guarantee AQ is ending up in A1 on the hump and paying $1400 less than I can transfer to that category. And they are paying less than my original fee.

I never minded booking early because I figured if the rate went down I would upgrade but the system is not working that way this week. So more and more reason for me to wait til the last minute.

Hmmm..I used to have go to websites that would tell me which categories were five star rates so I could easily see what my upgrade options are.

For several days I have been willing to pay a little more to get a little more except I keep getting told the rates are not five star, so I will have to give up all promotions to upgrade.

One website uses the word standard rate, so I thought that would be five star, but I am told no, it is not. Does anyone know where to find the five star rates published? It is not on our sailing on the Celebrity website.

New bookings can buy guarantees and end up in very high categories, such as guarantee AQ is ending up in A1 on the hump and paying $1400 less than I can transfer to that category. And they are paying less than my original fee.

I never minded booking early because I figured if the rate went down I would upgrade but the system is not working that way this week. So more and more reason for me to wait til the last minute.

I was able to check For Five Star rates by starting a booking without checking the senior or military rate. Also I did not input my state. The rate I saw was a "five star" rate. This did not apply to GTY categories. I was able to correlate with my TA's five star rate. I used this approach to get several cost reduction, an upgrade, and a downgrade.

Which cruise are you on? Assuming 12/09 then $1699 pp for C3 appears to be the highest level cabin available.

Good luck.

I am on dec 9th equinox. This week guarantees were available then they were not.

I just called captains club to ask where the code could be found and they noticed it was no longer there. He said if a website said standard that was five star. Well I found a guarantee that said standard currently selling for less than what I paid. He said they made a mistake, of course you can move as it costs less than what you paid. Then he said something else about how they still had this policy. He said I will help you out and put a note in your file that you should be able to switch. Then he closed with, be sure to call right away and they will switch you. Well I did call right away and they told me no. And I asked what he wrote in the file. The note said he advised me I needed to speak to a travel agent and he could not help me.

Nice right?

I called back and another woman answered the phone and said hardly any guarantees are five star anymore. Ok so different websites say different things and sometimes standard means five star and sometimes it doesn't.

jagobee are you using celebrity website?

Thank you..

I am on dec 9th equinox. This week guarantees were available then they were not.

I just called captains club to ask where the code could be found and they noticed it was no longer there. He said if a website said standard that was five star. Well I found a guarantee that said standard currently selling for less than what I paid. He said they made a mistake, of course you can move as it costs less than what you paid. Then he said something else about how they still had this policy. He said I will help you out and put a note in your file that you should be able to switch. Then he closed with, be sure to call right away and they will switch you. Well I did call right away and they told me no. And I asked what he wrote in the file. The note said he advised me I needed to speak to a travel agent and he could not help me.

Nice right?

I called back and another woman answered the phone and said hardly any guarantees are five star anymore. Ok so different websites say different things and sometimes standard means five star and sometimes it doesn't.

jagobee are you using celebrity website?

Thank you..

Yes, I am using the Celebrity website. I cannot really say anything about other websites.

Sorry you were given false information. I was told up front that GTY categories would not work. It was listed under the conditions of my original 123 Promo - No GTY.

Perhaps the best thing is to keep checking on the Celebrity website if you are looking for upgrade. I assume the C3 doesn't work for you?

Good luck

Hi jagofee,

My booking was on a pre 123. It was a pilot program before that program had a name. In fact the TA called and changed three bookings. For this one I ended up two hundred less in value than my original booking. Maybe that is why my upgrade mojo is gone, too much weirdness with this booking from the beginning!

Archived