Does anyone still do Passport stamp's

biker@sea

Any help on where in Aruba , Antigua , Barbados , Curacao , St. Thomas USVI Or Cozemel Mexico . :confused:

Yes. Just google "<name of the island> passport stamp" one at a time. You have to locate the customs and immigration office in each island.

Edited by kylenyc

Yes. Just google "<name of the island> passport stamp" one at a time. You have to locate the customs and immigration office in each island.

I was hoping for a more specific response such as In Bermuda take the ferry to Hamilton , take a right on Front St the Customs building is on your right next to the Stevedores Office .

Or in Bermuda take the ferry to St. George as you exit look to your left you will see a replica ship on display Customs is beside it. :)

I know in Roatan they have a person at Coxen Hole who will stamp your passport. I have the stamp from there twice. :) It's right in a trailer by the sign welcoming you to port at the entrance to the pier for the cruise ship. :)

Enjoy the Jewel :D

Don't know if this helps, but on our New England/Canada cruise, I saw a couple of booths in the terminal buildings where folks from the town were stamping passports.

I wonder if you'd find the same thing in other foreign ports.

Did you Love that Itinerary ??? :D

One thing you may want to take into consideration is the number of blank Visa pages available in your passport. At some point, you might have to add pages, depending on the amount of foreign travel you do. The fee to add pages is $82.

If you do a lot of travel overseas, you might want to avoid getting your passport stamped unless it is required.

One thing you may want to take into consideration is the number of blank Visa pages available in your passport. At some point, you might have to add pages, depending on the amount of foreign travel you do. The fee to add pages is $82.

If you do a lot of travel overseas, you might want to avoid getting your passport stamped unless it is required.

Getting overseas VISAs take up full pages!! I didn't know that and am thankful I only had a handful of stamps from previous voyages when I went to Asia. It's so crazy how many stamps just a few countries will put in there. :eek: Thanks for the info on the cost for the extra pages! :)

I was hoping for a more specific response such as In Bermuda take the ferry to Hamilton , take a right on Front St the Customs building is on your right next to the Stevedores Office .

Or in Bermuda take the ferry to St. George as you exit look to your left you will see a replica ship on display Customs is beside it. :)

I do the same in all the ports we visit if we have the time...

Have you tried each island's board on this site?

That is where I have found exact directions for Grand Cayman, Nassau, Belize and a few others....

I know for fact that the Cozumel board has a thread about the exact building in the town square to go to.. (I'll check my subscirbed threads and see if I still have it in there)

Bill

I've been to a lot of places in my last eight cruises, and the only place my passport was stamped (both directions) was Amsterdam Schiphol International Airport.

I think the only time they do stamps is when you do go through customs, at the airport. I know our newer passports only have stamps for the airports we have been to, mostly Canada.

I think the only time they do stamps is when you do go through customs, at the airport. I know our newer passports only have stamps for the airports we have been to, mostly Canada.

They do them on most islands. It's something my Fiancee and I do at every island, assuming we have the time and the office isn't in a different location from the port which has happened once or twice. Also assuming the office is open... island time has it's downsides lol.

Regular souvenirs are just too bulky especially when you go to a bunch of different places so passport stamps are something small and compact that's still a fun reminder :) Sometimes the stamp looks different though from what you would get at the airport. In Roatan the stamp is round like a seal but the top says "I have been in Roatan" and the bottom says "Roatan, Honduras" and there is a little black shape of the island and a palm tree in the middle. Maybe that's the official stamp if you actually went through customs but I doubt it, it looks pretty non-official.

They do them on most islands. It's something my Fiancee and I do at every island, assuming we have the time and the office isn't in a different location from the port which has happened once or twice. Also assuming the office is open... island time has it's downsides lol.

Regular souvenirs are just too bulky especially when you go to a bunch of different places so passport stamps are something small and compact that's still a fun reminder :) Sometimes the stamp looks different though from what you would get at the airport. In Roatan the stamp is round like a seal but the top says "I have been in Roatan" and the bottom says "Roatan, Honduras" and there is a little black shape of the island and a palm tree in the middle. Maybe that's the official stamp if you actually went through customs but I doubt it, it looks pretty non-official.

Stamping passports in the tourist area's is certainly different than the "official" stamps you will get when arriving in a new country. I would not clutter up my passport with tourist stamps, they will stamp a piece of paper for you if you want something to remember. It is not easy to find a government stamp when searching tourist stops unless you go through a port of entry.

I don't think Canada does it any more either. In the last 5 years I've flown from Detroit to Toronto, Quebec, Vancouver.....not one stamp in my passport.:(

If you don't get your answers on this thread or through a search here then I would ask the port security personnel at each island as this is knowledge that they would likely have. Good Luck!

The Roatan Honduras stamp is a "vanity stamp", as I recall they asked for a donation to a local service organization but that was years ago.

They were still doing this last March. I think it was the Chamber of Commerce that had a booth set up right as you got of the ship.

Last October we took an excursion from St. Thomas where we were ferried over to Tortola. When we arrived we were required to go through Passport Control, where our passports were stamped by the BVI. Coming back through US Passport Control our passports were not stamped.

Last October we took an excursion from St. Thomas where we were ferried over to Tortola. When we arrived we were required to go through Passport Control, where our passports were stamped by the BVI. Coming back through US Passport Control our passports were not stamped.

That was because you were going from one country's soil to another as opposed to disembarking from a ship.

I may have to change my Sapphire beach plan's . :confused:

Perhaps I should hunt for some of Capt. Jack Sparrows rum in Tortola :cool: