Beanscruiser

Beanscruising

Ok I'm a newbie, recently divorce male 50 ish, looking go solo. I'm enticed about longer cruise with lots of down time between ports. looking at HAL or Princess pros or cons or suggestions. Also I guess each line has pro/cons on dinning from what I've read, other solo give advise. Thanks in adavance

Book traditional dining and they will assign you to a table with (usually) interesting people. Join in group activities, like trivia. Attend the enrichment lectures. Sun by the pool. meet others at the jigsaw puzzle table. I'm a veteran of lots of solo cruises. Keep in mind that cruising solo is 100% better than not cruising at all. EM

Ok I'm a newbie, recently divorce male 50 ish, looking go solo. I'm enticed about longer cruise with lots of down time between ports. looking at HAL or Princess pros or cons or suggestions. Also I guess each line has pro/cons on dinning from what I've read, other solo give advise. Thanks in adavance

Welcome to Cruise Critic Beanscruising. If you're interested in a longer cruise how about a repositioning cruise from Florida to Europe or perhaps one of the legs of the World Voyage.

You might catch the Queen Elizabeth or Queen Victoria they usually stop in San Francisco on the way to Hawaii.

Consider the brand new Royal Princess she's doing shorter 7-day Caribbean sails but, probably has some longer ones on tap, gorgeous looking ship.

Good Luck.

Jonathan

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

My next cruise will be solo and it is 118 nights (I like long cruises with many sea days, too). I am not as familiar with Princess but I know that HAL has some very interesting longer itineraries that you might like. If you are able to travel in January and February, a segment (or more) of a world cruise would be a great idea, as cruiserking mentioned. Princess and Cunard have ships leaving the west coast in January 2015 on world voyages.

Once you have decided on a cruise be sure to join your roll call. I don't feel like I am going alone because I have already met some wonderful people. We have group excursions planned and a number of meet and greets.

Archived