Specialty Restaurant prices on Reflection

cricketgal

I can see that 44 people have read this but no responses so I researched myself on Celebrity website. Prices as follows:

Qsine and Murano - $45

Lawn Club - $40

Tuscan Grille - $35

Bistro on Five and Porch - $5

Another question, which hopefully someone will answer....is the Bistro and Porch open for lunch on embarkation day and if so, do you need to make a reservation in advance or can you just go there when you arrive?

Still would love some feedback on your experiences at any of the above restaurant. :)

I can see that 44 people have read this but no responses so I researched myself on Celebrity website. Prices as follows:

Qsine and Murano - $45

Lawn Club - $40

Tuscan Grille - $35

Another question, which hopefully someone will answer....is the Bistro and Porch open for lunch on embarkation day and if so, do you need to make a reservation in advance or can you just go there when you arrive?

Still would love some feedback on your experiences at any of the above restaurant. :)

I don't know about the Porch but I do know the Bistro on Five is available for lunch on embarkation day. It's rarely busy and, as a result, is often a good spot to get out of the fray of the buffet!

Qsine and Murano - $45

Lawn Club - $40

Tuscan Grille - $35

Last time on the Reflection both were open, we chose the porch for lunch.

Bistro on 5 is open on embarkation.

I ate there for lunch 3 times on our cruise. One time alone, once with my husband and once with dh & my 2 teens. We all enjoyed it. You don't need a reservation, I never saw it very busy.

Otherwise we ate in the dining room or buffet, so can't help with the other specialty restaurants.

We have been to Murano and Tuscan Grill on the Reflection. At Murano, the service was rather formal and aloof. The food was outstanding as we had the goat cheese souffle, lobster bisque, pork belly, and the chateaubriand for 2. The pork belly appetizer was rather filling but really good. I was nervous about the lobster bisque but it was outstanding with chunks of lobster.

Tuscan Grill had friendly yet attentive service. We had a great view from the back of the ship. We had the Tuscan onion soup, lump crab and the filet mignon. The filet mignon was REAL good! One of the best I have ever had.

Both are great for special occasions! You will not leave hungry.

We have been to Murano and Tuscan Grill on the Reflection. At Murano, the service was rather formal and aloof. The food was outstanding as we had the goat cheese souffle, lobster bisque, pork belly, and the chateaubriand for 2. The pork belly appetizer was rather filling but really good. I was nervous about the lobster bisque but it was outstanding with chunks of lobster.

Tuscan Grill had friendly yet attentive service. We had a great view from the back of the ship. We had the Tuscan onion soup, lump crab and the filet mignon. The filet mignon was REAL good! One of the best I have ever had.

Both are great for special occasions! You will not leave hungry.

We were on the Reflection in April enjoyed both restaurants on that ship. We did not care for Qsine reason being once several large parties sat down for dinner we were completely ignored and we were a party of six. The food did not make up for the horrible service.

Qsine and Murano - $45

Lawn Club - $40

Tuscan Grille - $35

Maybe those 44 people (in less than one hour) between your posts didn't know the answer? :eek:

I guess the answer is research it yourself first if you need to know quickly :)

And in answer to your question yes they are both open on embarkation and no you don't need reservations.

I've tried all the speciality restaurants. I like Tuscan Grille the best, followed by Murano, Quisine and Lawn Club are great as a one off novelty :)

If you are interested in those resturants it may be to your advantage to sign up for the Ultimate Dining package that is $29/ day pp. You will be able to have all of your dining in those restuarants with some restrictions. I think it is listed on X website.

I have heard you can only do it the first day on board and for the whole cruise.

If you are interested in those resturants it may be to your advantage to sign up for the Ultimate Dining package that is $29/ day pp. You will be able to have all of your dining in those restuarants with some restrictions. I think it is listed on X website.

I have heard you can only do it the first day on board and for the whole cruise.

Equally important, how likely is it that one will be able to dine in various specialty restaurants at discounted prices? I have read numerous posts here that on the first night cut-rate specialty dining is common. Is that true, and what about the rest of the voyage? WE will be sailing (on Reflection) in mid-Dec. in a slow week -- does that tend to affect the likelihood of finding deals? Obviously, the subtext of my question is whether it makes sense to go for a package or just hang loose and see what happens.

Edited by jan-n-john

We loved the Lawn Club because of the upscale casual vibe and that it was outdoors. Oscar, our waiter both nights, was terrific and very entertaining. The food was as imagined, from the grill, but clean and seasoned well, with tasty sides. I ordered the filet and added the veggie skewer and the shrimp and scallop skewer. DH shared a flat bread with fellow diners as an appetizer(no bread for me, personal rule..) and everyone enjoyed it.

Also LOVED Murano! The service was superb, they actually doted on us, and the food simply delicious! We ordered Chateaubriand for 2 with tableside lobster tails to create our own surf and turf, then finished the meal with Grand Marnier soufflé. We visited Murano two times as well.

Our meal in Qsine was fun, but the food was average, fried items tasted as if it was time to filter the fryer, and we, too were ignored because of larger groups in the venue. Service aside, we wouldn't return for a second visit, too 'gimmicky'.

Tuscan Grill was good, actually the food was great, but the service was SLOW....My wine finally arrived with my crème brulee. We did not return for a second visit.

We loved the Bistro and The Porch, which were included(unlimited) in the Ultimate Dining Package.

Hope this helps you, and let me know if you have any other questions about the menus in any of these venues!

Equally important, how likely is it that one will be able to dine in various specialty restaurants at discounted prices? I have read numerous posts here that on the first night cut-rate specialty dining is common. Is that true, and what about the rest of the voyage? WE will be sailing (on Reflection) in mid-Dec. in a slow week -- does that tend to affect the likelihood of finding deals? Obviously, the subtext of my question is whether it makes sense to go for a package or just hang loose and see what happens.

Yes, discounted reservations are a possibility, especially the first night. Also if you have OBC, ordering the package online will not allow you to use it to pay for the meals.

The ship will likely be full, no matter what time of the year. However, it may have been more heavily discounted to fill the cabins, which depending on how to look at it will mean that you have frugal people less inclined to spending more, or people who got such a great deal on their cruise that they have extra money to spend on specialty dining.

Yes, discounted reservations are a possibility, especially the first night. Also if you have OBC, ordering the package online will not allow you to use it to pay for the meals.

The ship will likely be full, no matter what time of the year. However, it may have been more heavily discounted to fill the cabins, which depending on how to look at it will mean that you have frugal people less inclined to spending more, or people who got such a great deal on their cruise that they have extra money to spend on specialty dining.

I have used the OBC from my ta to pay for the restos.

Thanks to all for the great responses and info (not so much the one cranky one:D).

Some great information and making me rethink my original thought of going to Qsine. Sounds like it is more fun with a group and we have chosen to go alone on this cruise, having done a lot of group vacations in recent years. We love quiet, romantic dinners with great food and attentive service, not really looking for huge portions as we prefer to try a variety of courses with smaller amounts. I get the sense that Murano or Tuscan Grille would be best suited to our taste, is that correct? we love the main dining room too, but like to do one specialty restaurant each cruise for variety and a special evening.

Can anyone advise what discounts (if any) are available for specialty dining the first night? Is there a pro or con to dining there those nights?

I have used the OBC from my ta to pay for the restos.

In person, or when you prebooked online? My experience in the past has been that if you prebook online, you pay immediately by credit card. if you do it on the ship, then of course it comes out of your OBC.

Some great information and making me rethink my original thought of going to Qsine. Sounds like it is more fun with a group and we have chosen to go alone on this cruise, having done a lot of group vacations in recent years. We love quiet, romantic dinners with great food and attentive service, not really looking for huge portions as we prefer to try a variety of courses with smaller amounts.

When we ate to Qsine, we did so with a couple who we met while walking from one specialty restaurant (Murano) to another (Qsine) after boarding and looking for a discount the first night. The maitre'd at Murano refused (both of us separately) to give us 50% off, so we ended up at Qsine where we were offered 50% off. We both decided to book for that night and agreed to eat together. It was definitely a great idea since as you say, Qsine is more fun with a group. It turns out she was a nurse at our son's university.

By the way, what you describe preferring with a variety of courses is exactly why you should eat at Qsine. That's what it is all about!

My tip for getting a discount the first night is to walk to each restaurant when you board (either before or after lunch) and ask what they can do for you that night. Ask for 50% off if you want and see what they say. I think it's a great night to eat there because my experience is that the MDR menu is never that great the first night, and the welcome aboard show is often replayed on TV if you miss it. The downside is you won't meet your server and tablemates (if you have any), although you could stop by the dining room to introduce yourself and say you'll be back the next night.

Edited by MisterBill99

When we ate to Qsine, we did so with a couple who we met while walking from one specialty restaurant (Murano) to another (Qsine) after boarding and looking for a discount the first night. The maitre'd at Murano refused (both of us separately) to give us 50% off, so we ended up at Qsine where we were offered 50% off. We both decided to book for that night and agreed to eat together. It was definitely a great idea since as you say, Qsine is more fun with a group. It turns out she was a nurse at our son's university.

By the way, what you describe preferring with a variety of courses is exactly why you should eat at Qsine. That's what it is all about!

My tip for getting a discount the first night is to walk to each restaurant when you board (either before or after lunch) and ask what they can do for you that night. Ask for 50% off if you want and see what they say. I think it's a great night to eat there because my experience is that the MDR menu is never that great the first night, and the welcome aboard show is often replayed on TV if you miss it. The downside is you won't meet your server and tablemates (if you have any), although you could stop by the dining room to introduce yourself and say you'll be back the next night.

Thanks for the great advice. Makes a lot of sense. Since we are doing Select Dining, not as big an issue regarding meeting your server and agree about the meals the first night, generally not the best of the week.

• 3 weeks later...

If you are a 'Foodie', go with the Ultimate Dining Package. Then, pack extra clothes in the next size, you'll need them!!! Seriously, I would absolutely visit the Lawn Club Grille and Murano, have cocktails and Molecular, and after dinner drinks at the Martini!!

Qsine and Murano - $45

Lawn Club - $40

Tuscan Grille - $35

You already got some great answers. The Porch was open for lunch embarkation day during our recent Silhouette cruise.

We always visit all the specialty restaurants when we cruise. My favorite is Qsine followed by The Lawn Club Grill, Murano and Tuscan Grille.

You will find that the ship offers discounts during the cruise for the specialty restaurants. Simply by asking they might give you 25% off. Depending on how booked the restaurants are they might offer you 50%/2 for 1 during the first and last days of the cruise.

I used to pre book the restaurants online but not anymore.

This is from a fellow pax on our Roll Call that sailed Reflection last April, and is going again with us this Sat.

"We did Murano and as you read my review, it still ranks in the top 5 restaurants we have eaten at world wide. Knocked Moda Buono in Barcelona from 5th place to 6th. The Exceptional Service, Quality, "Voila" in the Presentation, The food, the food and the food. Oh, yes, and the wine. The only time we did not do the 1,2,3 drunk package is when we splurged for a $300 bottle of Champagne in Moderno.

Lawn Club Grill. It was fantastic and we are looking forward to dining and grilling again. We did what you are really supposed to do. Cook your dinner with a master grill chef trained by Bobby Flay himself and instructing Jerome as he cooked. Jerome loved picking up pointers and leaving his "man grilling ego" behind. We also ordered every single meat item on the menu to grill, which most people don't know you can do. We had Filet Mignon, Ribeye, Rack of Lamb, New York Strip, Veal Chop, Scallops and Shrimp and Porterhouse Steak. Yes, we almost ate it all, and what we did not, we took back to our room, put it in the fridge, and had it for breakfast. As far as we were concerned, it was well worth the $45.00 as we enjoyed the entire menu, not just one item. Plus, everyone has to order the Lobster Mac and Cheese and the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dessert. Both are "Oh My Gawds!" The experience of the restaurant is about cooking and learning, then enjoying the fruits of your labor. Something that we would not do at home and at the same time, learning how to simultaneously cooking a variety of meats to the proper temperature without screwing it up! It was marvelous and it was the most fun of all on the entire cruise.

Tuscan: If you read the review, that was when Godzilla, the restaurant manager, verbally attacked us, so we never got to eat there. Hopefully we will get a chance to eat there this time.

Qsine: I know how fabulous it is, but I am not into sushi, fru fru, and poofie faa faa food. I am a meat and potato and salad guy. I was able to go to a sample tasting on the Reflection of Qusine's food, and yeah, no. Not for me, but everyone else loves it.

Bistro on 5: Yes, first day lunch, great idea and the only time we ate there this past April. Seems that everyone in the restaurant was with our Cruise Critic group. Great fun.\

The Porch: Never ever busy, always able to get a table. You eat in a fishbowl, with everyone watching you from floor to ceiling windows. It is outdoors and the sun beats in the restaurant. The ceiling mister fans spewing out a fine cool mist of water I thought was annoying, misting me as I ate my lunch. I thought that my bread was getting soggy, but it was just me. I had imbibed so many Bloody Mary's that I was soggy.

Opus Main Dining Room: Absolutely incredible and the attention we garnered from all the servers in the Select Anytime Dining Terrace was amazing. Never had a bad meal, had a great wine steward who sent me on a 1,2,3, Drunk wine flight every night, and its no wonder that I remember any of it anyway."