Rainforest Tour

ihopfar

Has anyone taking this tour with RCCL? "El Yunque Rainforest Drive - SJA7"

Good? Bad?

Any local companies that offer the same tour that you can recommend? We like that this tour is mostly driving without a large hike.

Thanks!

Brad

Good? Bad?

Any local companies that offer the same tour that you can recommend? We like that this tour is mostly driving without a large hike.

Thanks!

Brad

We did it on one of our cruises, it was where the ship docked and we did that before heading to the hotel for the night. We had a great time. It was awesome. The picture opportunities are plentiful. There are parts you can walk if you want to, but you don't have to. They drive you to all of the most picturesque places. You can climb A LOT of stairs up to an observation point at one of the stops, I made the climb and got some good pictures, the hubby stayed at the bottom. Keep in mind that it is a rainforest, so if you are picky, you might want a light rain jacket. We just sucked it up, it was part of the experience, and plenty warm;) Well worth it imo:)

We did the tour a few years ago. It was good.:) There was a short hike, but nayone who did not want to go on the hike could wait near the observation tower, I believe. I sent my DH to the top of the tower with the camera while I sat down below in the rain.:cool: It was a hot day in San Juan and this was definitely a cooler alternative.:cool:

• 4 months later...

Good? Bad?

Thanks!

Brad

We did it a few years ago and had a great time. There is no way you would have time to hike the entire place without taking the drive. They will drive you up after stopping at the 'base camp' for lack of a better term. You can look at maps and interactive exhibits about the rainforest. Then you will load back up and head up the mountain. You will stop at multiple points and photo opportunities. You even go to the top of a tower (if you want to climb all the steps) for a beautiful panoramic view. You will stop in front of the waterfall as well for pictures. We also took a short hike on a trail to see some of the wildlife. It was well worth it!