Sea conditions to Hawaii and South Pacific

Bucky3

There are often threads on this subject here, so I thought I'd let everyone know to check the Princess web cam for the Sapphire Princess. She left LA yesterday for her 28-day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise.

We have taken this cruise in fall and spring and others to Hawaii in December. Our favorite time of year for this itinerary is fall. Though you can never be sure of weather conditions at sea, it looks like they are having smooth seas on this sailing out of LA, so it is not always "rough" leaving and returning to LA as you can see today on the webcam.

Happy Cruising To All!

She left LA yesterday for her 28-day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise.

Now wouldn't we both love to be going on this cruise again?:D

Remember on the Pacific, even though the seas may be calm, there's always a gentle roll or swell.

Now wouldn't we both love to be going on this cruise again?:D

Remember on the Pacific, even though the seas may be calm, there's always a gentle roll or swell.

Hi there - we've been on several crossings that were smooth as can be, not even swell. And in aswer to your question - an overwhelming YES we wish we were on the Sapphire now !! I hope it's in the future again. Would love the "all the way to Sydney" and back again as well!

Like almost anywhere in the world: half will tell you it's calm-as-glass. The other half will have a horror story.

If you're at all prone to seasickness, taking some standard precautions is a good idea no matter where you're sailing. If not - enjoy the ride!

Archived