Disney Dream twice at Nassau on 15th Oct

omro1975

Ah, this is what the people on our cruise ship said might be a possibility when we got back to the ship. Either a medical or mechanical issue. It was so odd seeing it leave and return within such a short space of time.

That would be the main if only reason.

I learned that they won't go back to pick up the bananas.

On one of my cruises, the officer in charge of the restaurants mentioned that there's a noticable lack of bananas on board because they showed up too late to load.

They're bad luck anyway.

I learned that they won't go back to pick up the bananas.

On one of my cruises, the officer in charge of the restaurants mentioned that there's a noticable lack of bananas on board because they showed up too late to load.

They're bad luck anyway.

Mick, I think someone posted that the officer said:

"Bananas, we don't need no stinking bananas..."

soccer

Ah, this is what the people on our cruise ship said might be a possibility when we got back to the ship. Either a medical or mechanical issue. It was so odd seeing it leave and return within such a short space of time.

Mechanical is possible but not probable. It that were the reason then the media would be all over it since they have been pretty rough on the cruise industry these days (they love to report negative news). I would say medical reason is probable which happens more often on a ship then you know and the only ones that seem to make the news are the life and death situations and not just someone having chest pains or is ill.

I was on that sailing. It was in fact a medical emergency. At about 8 PM they made the decision to turn about and power back to Nassau (those on board may have noticed it got a bit bumpy - we were flying full out). They actually pulled the wonder out of its docking pattern and tied up for about an hour to drop someone off to a waiting ambulance then headed out to sea again at a more sedate clip.

The captain made an announcement the next day, didn't catch all of it but they did say the passenger was placed in intensive care.

I always say the good thing about an emergency medical port is that the passenger is still alive.

Archived