All things Getaway

Medtech2

The last two days I worked out the first sets of my interior Getaway photos such as Haven, panorama shots, photos at dawn etc. .

They are like allways in my gallery and many more will be added soon:

http://www.depping-design.de/test/index.php

Enjoy them!

Andreas

Wow, you always amaze me and always pop on this board with the best new cruise ship photos. Cant thank you enough!

The last two days I worked out the first sets of my interior Getaway photos such as Haven, panorama shots, photos at dawn etc. .

Enjoy them!

Andreas

Ah ha! An "everything Breakaway-class ship" thread wouldn't be complete without some proper Depping photos! Cheers!!!! :D

Enjoy them!

Andreas

Really appreciate you taking the time to share your photos with us.

"Sheehan also announced that the next two ships in the Breakaway (Plus) class, Norwegian Escape and Norwegian Bliss, some parts will be different than the Breakaway and Getaway. What changes that are he did not disclose. However, said is that in March this year in Miami the homeports of these new ships will be announced."

From http://www.cruisereiziger.nl/ about the O'Sheehan on all ships news.

Hi all,

I'll be sailing on Norwegian Getaway on the Jan. 27-29 cruise to nowhere out of New York. While onboard, I'll also be attending a Q&A session. I haven't been told who, exactly, will be on the panel yet, but I assume there will be some NCL execs. If there's something you're dying to know, post it, and I'll do my best to get as many questions answered as I can. (Please try to keep them Getaway related.)

Thanks!

Hi all,

I'll be sailing on Norwegian Getaway on the Jan. 27-29 cruise to nowhere out of New York. While onboard, I'll also be attending a Q&A session. I haven't been told who, exactly, will be on the panel yet, but I assume there will be some NCL execs. If there's something you're dying to know, post it, and I'll do my best to get as many questions answered as I can. (Please try to keep them Getaway related.)

Thanks!

I have read mixed reviews on being able to open the balcony dividers between cabins. We have two 2 bedroom haven suites booked for June (they are right next to each other) and we would like to open the balcony divider for the entire cruise so we can use the space as one larger balcony for the family. Can you please check to see if they will allow this?

I have read mixed reviews on being able to open the balcony dividers between cabins. We have two 2 bedroom haven suites booked for June (they are right next to each other) and we would like to open the balcony divider for the entire cruise so we can use the space as one larger balcony for the family. Can you please check to see if they will allow this?

Just for what it is worth- which two adjoining do you have? There is a spreadsheet for Breakaway ( same layout as Getaway) on this board that shows the configuration of the Haven balconies. Some of the suites have balconies that abut one another, other suites have a little more privacy because the balcony is adjacent to the window in the next suite- the balconies are not next to each other. For example, 16720 does not adjoin the balcony for 16722 or the one on the other side. ( doing this from memory)

When you find the spreadsheet, click on th eX for photos. Several photos in you will see close ups of the exterior of the ship with the Haven suites labeled. You can find your suite and see if the divider is even an issue!

Just for what it is worth- which two adjoining do you have? There is a spreadsheet for Breakaway ( same layout as Getaway) on this board that shows the configuration of the Haven balconies. Some of the suites have balconies that abut one another, other suites have a little more privacy because the balcony is adjacent to the window in the next suite- the balconies are not next to each other. For example, 16720 does not adjoin the balcony for 16722 or the one on the other side. ( doing this from memory)

When you find the spreadsheet, click on th eX for photos. Several photos in you will see close ups of the exterior of the ship with the Haven suites labeled. You can find your suite and see if the divider is even an issue!

Thanks. I looked at the very helpful spreadsheet before booking to be sure we would have our balconies right next to each other rather than the bathroom in between the cabins. We are booked in 16712 and 16714.

Edited by maja651

Hi, maja651. There's a cabin tour on the sailing, so I'll see what I can find out for you.

Thanks. I looked at the very helpful spreadsheet before booking to be sure we would have our balconies right next to each other rather than the bathroom in between the cabins. We are booked in 16712 and 16714.

Had to call NCL about missing item .just got off the phone...anyway, according to Chris ( Kris) , a female, the dividers on Getaway are not removable and are considered a fire barrier ( I'm thinking Grandeur of the Seas here...)

Can't wait to hear the real answer once someone is aboard! Since those balconies are so tiny, if we every book adjoing suites it would be great to make that tiny space double size!!!

The 4,000-passenger Norwegian Getaway—making her debut in January 2014—will test the updated wine menu on its Caribbean voyages before the new selection of wines are embraced by the rest of the fleet over the course of the year.

The Mondavi Family also produced an interesting series of videos about wine-tasting, which will be aired on the onboard entertainment system in staterooms.

We have not been able to find the new wine menu. It seems like it should be available at this time. We contacted pre-cruise Concierge and thay hardly knew what we were talking about.

Can anyone sailing on 'Getaway' post the menu or provide any information regarding this subject?

Thank You,

I just had the menu in hand and was informed that it is the same wine list fleet wide. The list is about 20 pages long.

mazyda4u.jpg. It's bumpy tonight.

Hi, maja651. There's a cabin tour on the sailing, so I'll see what I can find out for you.

Thanks Ashley! I am cruising with my hubby, mom, 2 brothers and 2 nephews. It is the first cruise for my brothers and nephews, so it would be really nice if we could share a larger balcony all together. :)