Jewel Western Caribbean itinerary

brightfeather

Hi,

We are doing our own vow renewal on the Jewel on the January 5th sailing to the Western Caribbean out of NOLA. We're trying to figure out which day of the cruise to do it.

I either want to do it on the first or last sea day OR on one of the formal nights (such as it is on NCL) since we'll be dressed up for our vow renewal.

We are in a Aft Penthouse suite so we don't want to miss out on the Suites and up cocktail party but we have two other couples with us that wouldn't be able to participate in that with us so don't want to do it that day.

I was thinking we'd take the other two couples to perhaps Teppanyaki that evening for dinner? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I would take the suites cocktail party out of the equation . Its really not a big deal and as far as diner goes. If your going to be all fancied up , I would go with Le' Bistro instead of Teppanyaki ( to short ) .. ;)

Have fun either way..

I suggest you do your vow renewal on formal then take advantage of the photography, you don't have to but it but they will help your pose.

Teppanyaki would not be my fist choose for your occasion due to the lack of quietness and romantic feeling. You will also be rushed out in order for them to accommodate next seating. I also don't think that they are any where near as good as the Benihana's of the world, for a family with kids it would be ok. which ther will probably be some..

My first and favorite is Le Bistro you'll get an elegant booth or table, go have a look and restaurant then make a reservation requesting the table of your choice the room is quit elegant. And secondly would be Cagney's and do the same.

Both of these have very extensive menu's.

They let you pick the day? Its usually held on one of the two sea days isn't it? Often whenever the ships captain (or other officer) is available. I thought they usually got with you at some point to arrange the time.

Anyway, I would also do Le Bistro way more than Teppenyaki as a vow renewal resturant...but to each his own. and I wouldn't take other couples either, this would be me and my DW's night and teppenyaki is more of a loud dinner show.

When we did it the kids were packed off to the kids club after the service and my sister was told, sorry but you on your own tonight.

Thank you for your replies. We are doing our own vow renewal in our suite. There are two couples sailing with us. One of the gals is a minister. We'd like to take them out for dinner. .hence why I asked about which night is formal night.

I think we will probably do Cagneys?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Hi,

We are doing our own vow renewal on the Jewel on the January 5th sailing to the Western Caribbean out of NOLA. We're trying to figure out which day of the cruise to do it.

I either want to do it on the first or last sea day OR on one of the formal nights (such as it is on NCL) since we'll be dressed up for our vow renewal.

We are in a Aft Penthouse suite so we don't want to miss out on the Suites and up cocktail party but we have two other couples with us that wouldn't be able to participate in that with us so don't want to do it that day.

I was thinking we'd take the other two couples to perhaps Teppanyaki that evening for dinner? Any help is greatly appreciated.

We just got back from the Western Caribbean on the Jewel out of NOLA. We renewed our vows too. Here's the thing: you do not get a choice of day. They don't even tell you what day it is until you embark. We had a note in the room when we arrived letting us know that the vow renewal will take place the 1st sea day at the chapel, by Capt. Lars.

It was a nice ceremony, our kids and parents were there. We had Champagne and a nice cake. The ship photographer followed us around and took pictures all over the ship. I felt like we were getting married all over again. However, the pics are expensive- VERY expensive. They really did a nice job, though. NCL made us feel like royalty.

I will post pics later. If you have specific questions, let me know. I'll be happy to answer them.

Kara

Also, we missed so much that 1st sea day due to the vow renewal. We missed the CC Meet and Greet and the Suite Cocktail party in the Haven. Word of the wise, don't try to do too much the day of the renewal. It will overwhelm you. I felt overwhelmed and finally had to let go of the fact that i will miss the meet and greet and the suite cocktail party. Our butler helped us out with some of the logistics (he took my dress to get steamed and other last minute things). After the ceremony, we took the kids swimming, then went and dropped them off at the kids club before getting dressed up again to go out. We just went to Tsars for dinner for both of us. It was nice and Tsars did a nice job of putting us near a window in a quieter area of the dining room.

I did feel a bit of panic on embarkation day since we did not know when and where it was. But I felt so much better as soon as I entered our suite and saw the welcome packet with the info from the event coordinator. She did a fabulous job.

Archived