Carnival Freedom - recent travellers, + search help

TrinaLC

I can't get search to work - if anyone can, could you please link to (if there is one) any "all things Freedom"

Also - I gather Freedom has not had 2.0 upgrades.

Will we likely be disappointed after having recently sailed Glory?

I was on the Freedom 10/5/13 - 10/13/13. I have to admit, I was disappointed. I still loved my cruise, but the ship was very drab and ugly compared to the Liberty (sister ship). I hated the layout of the Lido pool area (looked very small and closed in). The service was the worst I've seen yet on Carnival.

However, you could have a completely different experience if you are booking post-drydock. I'm sure it's going to look like a new ship once it gets its makeover.

Looking forward to the Glory in a few weeks. I heard it's a lot more like Liberty than the Freedom was (and I loved the Liberty).

We were planning on going pre-dry dock.

Based on the reviews (and confirmed by the post above), we've decided to pass on her until she gets her upgrade..

(Figured out the search problem - if you use Advanced Search and want to pull up things with the word search in the Title, you have to set to "Show Posts", not "Show Threads". Since Show Threads is the default, you need to actually change that ...

We ended up booking HAL's Eurodam. I'm looking forward to that - I like Carnival a lot, but the Lido deck is now just too noisy - and on the recent Glory trip, so was the Serenity - which is adjacent to the Lido deck and not peaceful at all in many parts.

But I'm not leaving Carnival, just looking forward to trying a more sedate product. (My dream day is in a lounger with a book ...)

• 2 weeks later...
We just returned from the 8 day Freedom cruise; September 21-29...if I can help.

Hi, my friend is sailing on an 8 day Eastern and she was wondering when formal nights are. I told her usually sea days, but there are two sea days right at the beginning. Also, does Freedom have the big movie screen? Thanks for any info

Family of 7 (2 Adults, 5 girls) going on the Freedom Eastern Caribbean Feb.8/14 .. 8 day .. Ports - St.Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, Nassau ... First cruise for everyone .. Any tips, advise, etc. from people who have done this exact cruise would be greatly appreciated ..

Edited by tvan76