Major differences between MSC and other lines??

Dirkgun

Hi, We are thinking about cruising on the Divina from Miami to Brazil and were wondering what the MSC line is like. I am sure it is more formal than Carnival (which we enjoy) but is it more like Celebrity or NCL? Also is there any awesome things that MSC does that need to be experienced. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi, We are thinking about cruising on the Divina from Miami to Brazil and were wondering what the MSC line is like. I am sure it is more formal than Carnival (which we enjoy) but is it more like Celebrity or NCL? Also is there any awesome things that MSC does that need to be experienced. Thanks in advance for any help.

Absolutly not like NCL:eek: ,much much better.MSC ships much cleaner that CCL . MSC is MSC :p Just go and have fun dont compare :)

Celebrity is head and shoulders above both RCCL and MSC. We sailed on the Musica which is a smaller ship. It was clean, the service excellent, and the staff was professional.

Like all cruise lines, you will find some good employees, some mediocre employees, and some employees that need to be sent home.

We did not use the pool area since we sailed in the Baltic and it was too cold. We only ate in the MDR and it was better than RCCL but not as good as Celebrity.

Our room was a bit "tired", but otherwise okay. Our telephone (old 1980s style!) did not work so we couldn't order room service or call guest relations. We did not have a peep hole or security chain on our door (security concern for us!). The sofa upholstery was worn and faded. But, our room was clean and our attendant was personable and responded to every need promptly. The bed was comfortable.

One of our excursions was cancelled the night before do to a lack of English speakers signed up which left us without a tour in Stockholm. We had read that they do this from time to time, so we brought guide books with us which came in very handy.

We haven't been on NCL, HAL or Carnival, so I can't compare to those.

MSC has one of kind Italian food, including homemade pastas. Our spa is gorgeous with a serene feeling and the live entertainment is second to none. Also, the MSC Divina will be the first cruise ship to have Aqua Cycling at sea. When you cruise with MSC Cruises you have the vacation you've always dreamed of! Hope this helps!

MSC has one of kind Italian food, including homemade pastas. Our spa is gorgeous with a serene feeling and the live entertainment is second to none. Also, the MSC Divina will be the first cruise ship to have Aqua Cycling at sea. When you cruise with MSC Cruises you have the vacation you've always dreamed of! Hope this helps!

Point out if anyone thinks I am asking a daft question, but will these aqua cycles take permanent residency in one of the pools, if so that's means one less pool to swim, plus will this be free as part of the gym?

Point out if anyone thinks I am asking a daft question, but will these aqua cycles take permanent residency in one of the pools, if so that's means one less pool to swim, plus will this be free as part of the gym?

The Aqua Cycles will only be in the pool during designated Aqua Cycling class times. Hope this helps!

MSC vs Royal Caribbean

MSC vs Holland America

Please be aware that many of the comments stated in those two threads, are made from a cruiser that specifically don't like MSC or Costa, but mostly prefer HAL and compare MSC and Costa based (in my opinion) on a very very narrow comparison index, with an offset in HAL.

Also, the comparison is mostly made with the pre-empt objective to bad-mouth MSC and Costa as much as possible. Even if it wasn't, the "review" is amateurish at best.

It doesn't take many minutes to realize this as it is overly evident - e.g. HAL pictures shown are in a nice blue frame with high tone-up of colors. MSC is shown with a dull grey frame and badly taken pictures, including excessive tone-down of colors. Also, pictures shown of HAL usually are taken in a sales demographic, where the MSC pictures are home amature pictures that zoom in closely to an area.

Let alone the textural comments makes it evident what the purpose of even starting this thread is.

Please don't let this derail you in your decision.

Philip

Please be aware that many of the comments stated in those two threads, are made from a cruiser that specifically don't like MSC or Costa, but mostly prefer HAL and compare MSC and Costa based (in my opinion) on a very very narrow comparison index, with an offset in HAL.

Also, the comparison is mostly made with the pre-empt objective to bad-mouth MSC and Costa as much as possible. Even if it wasn't, the "review" is amateurish at best.

It doesn't take many minutes to realize this as it is overly evident - e.g. HAL pictures shown are in a nice blue frame with high tone-up of colors. MSC is shown with a dull grey frame and badly taken pictures, including excessive tone-down of colors. Also, pictures shown of HAL usually are taken in a sales demographic, where the MSC pictures are home amature pictures that zoom in closely to an area.

Let alone the textural comments makes it evident what the purpose of even starting this thread is.

Philip

Well done to you. That's the most professional, polite description of cruisetrail's reviews I've ever seen.

My description of his/hers reviews are much shorter and less polite.

Philip

I would agree and I've not sailed on any yet, I have built up an idea what to expect from MSC, based on reviews, comments on threads & YouTube videos and I can't see where we can go wrong, I think you have to have a clear definitive idea of what you want or don't want before you book any where, so if you have booked already or have been inquiring there must of been something that appealed to you so your half way there, most bad comments are about customer services land based, but most reviews are good about the ships, the ones that aren't I read and try and work out how would that affect me, and half the time it wouldn't as I break down the comments and realise that peoples expectations have maybe been to high, or just been finicky about something, or a incident that may of been beyond control, as long as a problem gets resolved in some form or another then that's a good an

Archived