Samsara Dining

pmacher61

Healthy.

You may find most of the offerings a bit unusual but basically they're Italian dishes with a Samsara flair. If you don't like what's on the Samsara menu you can order from the main MDR menu as well. Remember the Samsara restaurant is anytime dining within their operating hours, usually 19.00 to 21.30.

• 1 month later...

We have just finished the Transatlantic 17 day cruise on the Costa Luminosa and Samsara was the best thing we could have done.

The cabins, spa, treatments and other perks were great but the Samsara Restaurant was the crowning glory.

The service was nothing short of impeccable, the food incredible with the option of choosing from the main dining menu, if you so desired. But the fact you could select your own time to dine in a quiet, uncrowded restaurant of about fifty seats maximum, (although we found it was never more than three quarters full) was the main advantage. Meanwhile about a thousand people per sitting, lined up to go and eat in the main restaurant.

I cannot recommend Samsara highly enough. Hope this helps.

I've also had the opportunity to try Samsara dining (on Serena). For me it was a bit pricey, if I've had a big lunch I may only have soup&salad for dinner. But if it's something important to you, I can endorse wetcoast sailors' recommendation. I thought overall it was better than the premium restaurant, definitely worth considering.

Edited by Dancer Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your replies. I booked a single occupancy cabin on the Fascinosa 26 night TA from Buenos Aires to Venice. The Samsara category (SI) is on deck 9 right outside the Spa and Samsara dining room. The price was so low especially for a single occupancy with a specialty open seating restaurant that I won't complain even if the food isn't as good as the collective opinion indicates it is.