Open Booking

theminnow

We have just received our Open Booking confirm from Royal Caribbean that we applied for while we were on the Grandeur last week. Got a cruise all picked out. 10 day E Caribbean. Just have to wait for holidays to plunk down the remainder of the deposit to get a Grand Suite. Can't wait.

Craig

We have just received our Open Booking confirm from Royal Caribbean that we applied for while we were on the Grandeur last week. Got a cruise all picked out. 10 day E Caribbean. Just have to wait for holidays to plunk down the remainder of the deposit to get a Grand Suite. Can't wait.

Craig

Yes you will need the full deposit for a Suite $900/pp I believe.

Both times I've used an Open Booking, I've booked a suite and added on passengers, and both times I only had to pay the $100pp for each of the names I added.

Guess I lucked out.

You must have done a 7-9 night cruise in a suite as a normal deposit for a 7 day cruise is $250pp.

The OP is looking at booking a 10 night cruise where the normal deposit is $450pp.

$100pp for 3-5 nights

$250pp for 6-9 nights

$450pp for 10+ nights

These double if booked in GS or higher

Both times I've used an Open Booking, I've booked a suite and added on passengers, and both times I only had to pay the $100pp for each of the names I added.

Guess I lucked out.

If you book on board or convert the NCC, the deposit is $100/pp regardless of the number of days. "Suite bookings are not eligible for reduced reduced deposit..." I was told that they don't always collect the extra deposit when converting, but be prepared to.

As a side note: I didn't book a suite, but booked a 10+ days cruise. When the system showed my reservation converted from the NCC, it indicated that I had to pay the remaining $450/pp deposit. I called and RCCL said not to worry about it. Apparently, their system isn't able to determine the difference a regular reservation and one made converting a NCC. I'm guessing that the RCCL software is not the most reliable with the required deposits (seems a little archaic). There are probably a lot of exceptions to the deposit policy.

If you book on board or convert the NCC, the deposit is $100/pp regardless of the number of days. "Suite bookings are not eligible for reduced reduced deposit..." I was told that they don't always collect the extra deposit when converting, but be prepared to.

As a side note: I didn't book a suite, but booked a 10+ days cruise. When the system showed my reservation converted from the NCC, it indicated that I had to pay the remaining $450/pp deposit. I called and RCCL said not to worry about it. Apparently, their system isn't able to determine the difference a regular reservation and one made converting a NCC. I'm guessing that the RCCL software is not the most reliable with the required deposits (seems a little archaic). There are probably a lot of exceptions to the deposit policy.

You are correct in that when converting a NC into a specific booking, if booking a JS cabin or below there is no further money due until final payment no matter the length of the cruise. It is unfortunate that their IT personnel can't get NC Bookings, which have been in existence for at least 6 years now, to be recognized in their system.:(

Just an FYI, but do not believe them when they tell you that when converting a NC and booking a GS or higher the extra deposit is not always required which, again, will be dependent on number of nights. It is and will be collected prior to final in one way or another, or your booking could be in jeopardy.

You are correct in that when converting a NC into a specific booking, if booking a JS cabin or below there is no further money due until final payment no matter the length of the cruise. It is unfortunate that their IT personnel can't get NC Bookings, which have been in existence for at least 6 years now, to be recognized in their system.:(

Just an FYI, but do not believe them when they tell you that when converting a NC and booking a GS or higher the extra deposit is not always required which, again, will be dependent on number of nights. It is and will be collected prior to final in one way or another, or your booking could be in jeopardy.

Thank you for the heads up! To be honest, I don't really look at the reduced deposit as a benefit (as long as they don't try collecting more than the cost of the room). You have to eventually pay for the room. If given the choice, I would rather have a lower cost on the cabin or a larger OBC.

Archived