dining alternatives on formal nights

tallvine

hi - we'll be on the Oasis in 3 weeks. My husband & I are going to pass on the formal nights this year - we just want to relax & not have to pack really dressy clothes. Other than the specialty restaurants and the windjammer where do you recommend we go for dinner those 2 nights? thank you.

hi - we'll be on the Oasis in 3 weeks. My husband & I are going to pass on the formal nights this year - we just want to relax & not have to pack really dressy clothes. Other than the specialty restaurants and the windjammer where do you recommend we go for dinner those 2 nights? thank you.

Sorrento's and Cafe Promenade are no extra charge. Room Service is another option.

Eat in the main dining room if that is where you normally would dine. No need to hide because it is formal night. Make the most out of your cruise and enjoy.

I was just off the Explorer earlier in the month. Most people didn't even bother getting really dressed up on the formal nights anyway.

Adam

Ziggypup@aol.com

Eat in the main dining room if that is where you normally would dine. No need to hide because it is formal night. Make the most out of your cruise and enjoy.

Agreed. In fact, tell your waiters you wont be in the MDR for formal night because you didnt bring formal dress clothes and they will tell you there is absolutely no need to dress up.

Contrary to what other may say or beleive , RCCL does NOT have a mandatory dress code even for Formal Nights. It's only a suggested guidline which cannot be enforced. I know longer bring fancy cloths but I do eat in the MDR on formal nights. So if you want to eat in the MDR on those nights than do so and enjoy. Afterall it's your vacation too !

+3 or 4 wherever we are at. Get your hubby one of those Tee Shirts that looks like he is wearing a tie. :D

I did not wear more than a tie on formal nights. I go business casual most nights, and then just wear cargos pants, a collar, and loosely tied tie.

I don't intend to start a debate on the dress code, but, you are not required to dress up for formal night. It's your vacation, enjoy it.

these days all you need to do to match the vast majority is wear a tie and a clean pair of slacks. while those of us who still like to dress up will you will find that more and more, others are perfectly fine dressing 'normally'

Archived