Want advice - which would you prefer?

mackatty

Here's my story - going on my first cruise in 14 (!!!) years in January. Won't be booking until early Dec for a cruise in mid Jan. It will be just me & the hubby on our first real vacation in 8 years of marriage. We live in Jacksonville, FL but I am not interested in going on the Fascination since I would prefer a larger ship & want to take a 7-day cruise. Hubby says just tell him the date & he will go wherever I tell him we are going. :D

I will be choosing from any of the FL departures on Sat 01/11, Sun 01/12, Sat 01/18, or Sun 01/19. I have not considered the Legend out of Tampa since I prefer the E Carib routes to W Carib. So, I've been obsessing over (for two months already, lol) - Dream out of Port Canaveral, Freedom out of Port Everglades, or Liberty, Conquest, or Glory out of Miami. My IDEAL would be the 8-day S Carib on Breeze, but it will not be within our budget unless the price comes down dramatically (& I certainly don't expect it to since it's the new ship).

I think we would really enjoy the 2.0 upgrades, so that makes me leery of the Freedom...but the Freedom 8 day will likely be within our budget so there's that! Is the Breeze SO amazing that I should consider the 6 day although my heart is set on a 7 day? Or should I listen to my gut which is telling me that the Liberty E Carib going to HMC is the way to go? Did I mention I can't book until early December? :eek::eek::eek:

Ugh!!! That's a tough one!!!! The Breeze is AMAZING, but if it's not in your budget, don't give it a 2nd thought. The Freedom does amazing itineraries, also, but no 2.0:mad::mad: Since you are going to be booking pretty last minute, you MAY get a steal on the Breeze, but it's a chance you'll have to take. Either way, have a great cruise!!! Keep us posted as to what you decide!!! :)

Freedom is an amazing ship even without the 2.0 upgrades and for me a no-brainer to choose 8 days over 6 days! We are going Jan. 25th 8 day on Freedom. However, when we were deciding, the Liberty (which does have the 2.0 upgrades) was in our top 3! The Liberty itinerary is awesome too. I would do the Freedom or Liberty and save the Breeze for a later date. It's only that expensive since its the newest ship. Give it a few years and it'll be priced the same as all the others!

The only one of those ships that I've been on is the Freedom. We loved everything about her - the food was exceptional (the best we've had, ever!), the staff went above and beyond, everything was clean and neat...We've never been on a 2.0 ship so we didn't really miss any of that stuff..it was GREAT without it!

That would be my recommendation :) No matter what you decide, you will have a fantastic time!

I thought the service and food on the Breeze were sub-par this summer. Also, the ship reeked of sewage the entire time. The Liberty is my favorite Carnival ship. The Dream is the same class as the Breeze, so you could try that.

Geez your still talking about the smell, its over with so give it up.

Here's my story - going on my first cruise in 14 (!!!) years in January. Won't be booking until early Dec for a cruise in mid Jan. It will be just me & the hubby on our first real vacation in 8 years of marriage. We live in Jacksonville, FL but I am not interested in going on the Fascination since I would prefer a larger ship & want to take a 7-day cruise. Hubby says just tell him the date & he will go wherever I tell him we are going. :D

I will be choosing from any of the FL departures on Sat 01/11, Sun 01/12, Sat 01/18, or Sun 01/19. I have not considered the Legend out of Tampa since I prefer the E Carib routes to W Carib. So, I've been obsessing over (for two months already, lol) - Dream out of Port Canaveral, Freedom out of Port Everglades, or Liberty, Conquest, or Glory out of Miami. My IDEAL would be the 8-day S Carib on Breeze, but it will not be within our budget unless the price comes down dramatically (& I certainly don't expect it to since it's the new ship).

I think we would really enjoy the 2.0 upgrades, so that makes me leery of the Freedom...but the Freedom 8 day will likely be within our budget so there's that! Is the Breeze SO amazing that I should consider the 6 day although my heart is set on a 7 day? Or should I listen to my gut which is telling me that the Liberty E Carib going to HMC is the way to go? Did I mention I can't book until early December? :eek::eek::eek:

Personally....I would always go for the 8 days vs the 7 days if possible and the Freedom is a wonderful ship! You have not sailed in a long time and IMHO I don't think the 2.0 upgrades make up for an extra day away on a cruise!

Yes...Breeze is a wonderful ship BUT I would not select her for a 6 sailing vs a longer sailing on another ship....especially if you don't get to cruise/vacation often

Save the Breeze for another time and don't stress about it

In your case my first choice would be the Freedom - for the 8 days and a great a ship - and my next choice would be the Liberty....a beautiful ship with 2.0 upgrades and a good itinerary (I am sailing for the 3rd time in Feb if that tells you anything!)

Freedom is an amazing ship even without the 2.0 upgrades and for me a no-brainer to choose 8 days over 6 days! We are going Jan. 25th 8 day on Freedom. However, when we were deciding, the Liberty (which does have the 2.0 upgrades) was in our top 3! The Liberty itinerary is awesome too. I would do the Freedom or Liberty and save the Breeze for a later date. It's only that expensive since its the newest ship. Give it a few years and it'll be priced the same as all the others!

I'm on the same cruise as you! It is also a birthday cruise for me. This is my first 8 day cruise. Going solo this time. Where are you from?

[/sIE

We took our nine year old daughter on the glory in March. She loved it. Her favorite cruise so far. She loved the Hasbro game show. The staff was great and fun ship over all. The guys burgers were a hit and she had the pizza at least one time each day.

I also just returned last Saturday from the Liberty eastern sailing and I am considering it again for February, it was that good. Sailed the Freedom 6 day last Feb. and really enjoyed it but I loved the 2.0 upgrades and I really LOVED Half Moon Cay!

The Freedom 8 day does looks amazing too though if Tortola is still a stop.

PLEASE tell us why you liked Liberty better.

I know that many here claim that they don't care what the ship looks like, but we do. We want our sense of vision to enjoy the vacation as well as every other sense in our body! :D

With that said, Liberty is one of the most aesthetically pleasing ships in the Carnival fleet (seems like Farcus was taking a break from whatever he normally smoked when he designed this ship! Glad that he didn't design the Breeze).

The theme for the Liberty is European artists. The ship is filled with rich woods, art specifically commissioned for this ship, Murano chandeliers and wrought iron columns. The ship's focal point, the Flowers Atrium is toned down (and even though there are elements of Carnival's fun designs like the ever changing lights, it's all done so subtly that it's almost imperceptible).

Harry's Steakhouse is, to this day, the absolute best alternative restaurant we've tried on ANY cruise line. Everything about that experience was memorable.

We've done the Liberty twice and both times we've had a wonderful time. Our Eastern Caribbean cruise on this ship ranks as one of our best cruises ever.

The Breeze really isn't as great as it sometimes is made out to be. It doesn't live up to the hype. Unless the waterslides & ropes course are important to you, you would be just as happy with any other option, especially since it would give you 1 or 2 more days. Same is true for 2.0; it's not that big of a deal. You won't even really notice much of a difference, especially since you haven't cruised in awhile. So don't rule out Freedom based on that. The ship will still have burgers & bars; they just won't be brand named. If good entertainment is important to you, then definitely rule out the Breeze, Conquest, & Glory. All things considered, I think the Liberty would be my top recommendation for you. For me, it would be the Dream.

Edited by k2excursion