Key West - Need Advise

reginahill

We have booked the City View Trolley tour for our stop in Key West in November. we are only in port from 7:00 am to 2:30 PM. We have on our list: Hemingway House Tour, Southernmost Point , Sloppy Joes and Duvall St. Hopefully some shopping too. Is this do-able in the short time we are there? And does anyone know what time the City View Trolley starts running in the morning?

The Hemingway house opens at 9:00 a.m. You can walk up Whitehead Street and try to do this first. Stop #6 of the trolly is right outside of the house so you can either hop on here or continue to the end of Whitehead for the Southernmost Point. Trolly stop #5 is here so you can hop on and finish the tour. It ends with stop #8 and if you walk two blocks along Green you come to Sloppy Joes. Sloppys puts you on Duval where you can shop.

Pretty much do-able.

Pjk

• 4 weeks later...
The Hemingway house opens at 9:00 a.m. You can walk up Whitehead Street and try to do this first. Stop #6 of the trolly is right outside of the house so you can either hop on here or continue to the end of Whitehead for the Southernmost Point. Trolly stop #5 is here so you can hop on and finish the tour. It ends with stop #8 and if you walk two blocks along Green you come to Sloppy Joes. Sloppys puts you on Duval where you can shop.

Pretty much do-able.

Pjk

If you walked Whitehead from the pier (I assume it starts around there), all the way to Southernmost Point, how far is it? I think all the things I want to see are between those two points. Hemingway House, Duval St, Lunch somewhere, Kermit's, maybe Butterfly sanctuary. Oh, is the 0 mile marker right at the Southernmost Point?

I am heavy with bad feet and knees, so, thinking about taking trolley to Southernmost, then walking back seeing the sights. Would I miss any "must see" sights doing this? Thanks for helping this Conch Newbie! :)

The Mile 0 marker is just a few blocks up Whitehead, not at the S'most Point. Ketmit's is on the othrside of Duval just off the Key West Bight. After you see the Point you can walk one blocl over to Duval on South Street, make a left, and the Butterfly Conservatory is a few blocks down.

If you continue down Duval and make a left onto Caroline, you could have lunch at Grunts if you are still in port after 4:0 pm. This puts you back close to Whitehead then back to the docks. Grunts is fun.

Pjk

The distance is a mile and a quarter all flat.

Mike:)

Oh, that's all? Thanks. Maybe I should save the $19! :)

The Mile 0 marker is just a few blocks up Whitehead, not at the S'most Point. Ketmit's is on the othrside of Duval just off the Key West Bight. After you see the Point you can walk one blocl over to Duval on South Street, make a left, and the Butterfly Conservatory is a few blocks down.

If you continue down Duval and make a left onto Caroline, you could have lunch at Grunts if you are still in port after 4:0 pm. This puts you back close to Whitehead then back to the docks. Grunts is fun.

Pjk

Thanks! I'm trying to figure it all out. We sailaway at 5, so, Grunts is out. :(